GoA - Kemor

B

Bazrat

How many times do I have to contact rightnow asking if its bug abuse to get on the roof in meg mall on camlann? I have not got 1 reply in 2 months. Please will you post an offical responce here, remeber, meele classes can do nothing, they cannot hit them at all, and cannot get up there as you NEED speed to jump from towers, the tower tops have also been blocked to stop this happening, but not fully, so IS THIS BUG ABUSE?

Edit: This is the healer roof we are talking about

C

-chancer-

im sure this was posted on the friday news about it being a bug

u will have to check back to see

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Bazrat
How many times do I have to contact rightnow asking if its bug abuse to get on the roof in meg mall on camlann? I have not got 1 reply in 2 months. Please will you post an offical responce here, remeber, meele classes can do nothing, they cannot hit them at all, and cannot get up there as you NEED speed to jump from towers, the tower tops have also been blocked to stop this happening, but not fully, so IS THIS BUG ABUSE?

Edit: This is the healer roof we are talking about

I think they can be hit by two different types of damage therefore it's not bug abuse - think that's the official definition anyway.

T

tripitaka

Wasn't it deemed as not being a bug ( Mag mell Roof) as you can jump to it from the tower ?

and i also thought it was discussed previously too - can't remember the title of the thread tho

F

Fightersuntzu

Re: Re: Re: GoA - Kemor

Originally posted by Bazrat
so "fo meelers, its tough luck" :D? Inside Milegates you can be hit by pbaoe, and being in milegates is wrong aint it? =)

1) Yes, its tough luck - you'll have to live with it and either use a short/cross bow or a taunt of some sort and deal with it. :p

2) Thats different, because on the roof of a building you can be hit by ranged spells and bows, while hiding inside the world geometry you cant.

So, get used to it, its perfectly legal :m00:

B

Brannor McThife

I quized GOA about this a lot, not that specific spot, but the ability to get to an area which required speed and meant that meleers were easy targets.

This came to the fore when, by pure accident, while running around the walls of DC I found that there is an invisible ledge, just to the side of the window over the gate of all Hib keeps. Now, your PBAE will not reach down to the ground, so you can't use this to hit people on the doors, but, and I have the RP to prove it...sitting there is like dangling a carrot in front of the many shadowzerglings we found on Prydwen - I once killed 3 Shadowblades that tried to get there through the window, and yes, you can be killed there. I was PA'd through 3+ feet of rock by Azal, but later got my revenge...a few times.

Many SBs whined at not being able to reach my manachanter, and they were just lucky he was 50 Mana and not 50 light, because throwing those crappy little daggers at me was a good laugh. QC-Stun, nuke nuke nuke...dead. :clap:

Anyway...back to the topic. If you can get there using pure game mechanics and are not abusing some game flaw (remember SS jumping), then it's legal.

Hell, a good minstrel can now get to that ledge if someone is there...climb the wall, stun them, then use speed to run and jump onto the ledge and melee the caster to death.

-G

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom