GoA is not telling the truth....

R

redfern

.....when they say the game is not ment to handle the number of players as we had in Odins saturday. Lets just say that Alb and mid had estimated 200 players each (quite high estimated). Then GoA postulate that Hib had an "army" there too - yea right - never saw more than 3 fg hibs. Well lets do it even bigger - let's say that a total of 500 players we're in Odins.

Comparing to personal experience playing on Morgan Le Fay about 14 months ago. We did RR on mids. To give players who are not familiar with the US servers then, an idea of the size of combat there - at primetime we sometimes was 5000+ on the server. Well - the RR I refer to here, was arranged by the japaneese alliance. So the majority online was of cause asians, europeans and the US ppl that was still up. We send 20 fg to block Svasud. and we had more than 400 ppl on Mjolnir. At some point the mids managed to press trough our blockforce and come to the relickeep. Of cause the relics was safe underway to Atk. And the army at Mjolnir stayed to fight and hold the mids. The released blockforce ported to Odins and was to hold Amg free of mids and hibs. My point here is that there was at least 1000 players in that zone - yes it lagged a lot but not as much as it did on Hlidskialf saturday. I'm pretty sure there must be other europeans who have played US and agree with me that the problem simply has to be that Goa's hardware is not up to the requirements for DAoC - at least not Excalibur.
I know some of you are thinking "typical alb zerg :)" - well - those days, emain was swarming with ppl. All 3 realms had tons of ppl out there all the time.

C

choonz

What you are saying maybe true, but there was way more people in odins than you realise.
For starters our Relic Attempt had two FULL cg's (200 people per cg) and at least one other CG that was filling up fast. I would say we had 500 albs out there, and possibly much more. We were getting reports even then of the teleport pad leaving people behind because it had reached its limit of 150 ports a time. Lot of people out there, that much is for sure.
Hope GOA make it so we can do this without crashing, that much is for sure.

C

choonz

BTW, i also believe that GOA is bullshitting us.Nothing new there though ;)

R

redfern

Regarding the telepad problem - we did have that too at US. not That big a problem though.

O

old.yaruar

I thought all servers had a hard cap of total players anyway set at about 3500?

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by old.yaruar
I thought all servers had a hard cap of total players anyway set at about 3500?

Euroserver Yes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom