GOA is buying Europe

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
After the Spanish servers planned for early 2005 ...

For all our Italian players who are wondering what is happening with the status of the Italian servers:

We are happy to say that we will be making a joint announcement with GOA on November 30th, giving explicit instructions on how the new servers will be hosted - including a plan to transition player characters from the old Italian servers to the new.

GOA is the company that currently hosts Dark Age of Camelot servers in French, German, and English (in the UK) and distributes the game throughout Europe.

http://www.camelotherald.com/index.shtml

What about Polish servers for 2006 ? :drink:

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Ning said:
After the Spanish servers planned for early 2005 ...

http://www.camelotherald.com/index.shtml

What about Polish servers for 2006 ? :drink:

please no more servers 8)

the italian servers already exist so not much to do about them, just that the servers have changed owner and place of being i guess from what i understood. but polish server give me a break, why not make swedish server aswell ?

Mordyn

Fledgling Freddie
For all our Italian players who are wondering what is happening with the status of the Italian servers:

We are happy to say that we will be making a joint announcement with GOA on November 30th, giving explicit instructions on how the new servers will be hosted - including a plan to transition player characters from the old Italian servers to the new.

GOA is the company that currently hosts Dark Age of Camelot servers in French, German, and English (in the UK) and distributes the game throughout Europe.

New italian servers =
a.) more strain on Opentransit
b.) more time translating
c.) increased patch translation/testing

:(

Cyfr

Banned
middle east server please, can replace swords with bombs

Comos

Loyal Freddie
givf dutch server!
you'd have to add a cheese making trade of some sort though

Fluffybunny

Fledgling Freddie
yup, now it sadly will prolly take +month on each patch/expansion we gonna ge because of extra translation/testing, and with spanish servers too +2months, guess we have catacombs early 2006 :/

Darac

Fledgling Freddie
I thought the GOA servers where in France. From reading that it would appear they where in the UK.

Oli7er

Fledgling Freddie
1 + 1 = 3?

u thinking that the same team translates first in german then french then italian? certainly not. the teams will be working at the same time therefore the patchtime wont increase - except for the marginal time it takes for the formalities.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Klingon Servers!!! Sign Meh Petition Now!!!!!!!1!!111!

yeah it does look a little weird...

GOA is the company that currently hosts Dark Age of Camelot servers in French, German, and English (in the UK)
GOA moving soon?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the english in the UK bit is for those americans who might have realised that they play on english language servers too...

GOA now have all of europe - that's an extra 5 armies per turn. Look out Asia!

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
just watched ur movie Whoodoo, make me chuckle at the end on the credits,

Lag
Opentransit :D

Fluffybunny

Fledgling Freddie
of course they dont translate them one by one and by the same crew, but more language servers means they gotta do more internal testing (yes they said themselves they do those one by one) and yes it will bring more bugs so yes it WILL delay patches since they prolly wanna syncronize the new servers patching with the servers we currently have

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
And as GOA have pointed out its not simply translation there is techie stuff as well to cope with different servers. So, will the new Italian servers have the same operating system as the existing ones? Folks can but hope otherwise that's more delay. (In the same way that it would have been good if GOA had used the same servers as Mythic).

Key point though is that Italian servers were at 1.61 at the start of the week. Be interesting to see if the announcement makes any reference to ToA.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
They will probably hire new staff to take care of these servers so dont think we will feel it that much.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Fluffybunny said:
of course they dont translate them one by one and by the same crew, but more language servers means they gotta do more internal testing (yes they said themselves they do those one by one) and yes it will bring more bugs so yes it WILL delay patches since they prolly wanna syncronize the new servers patching with the servers we currently have

GOA has already 2 test servers : Gorre and Lothian so it's not "one by one" testings either.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Roteca said:
why not make swedish server aswell ?
Cuz' only like 20 players would considering moving and they would move back when they noticed all were albs and didn't have anyone to zerg? :p

nah but seriously, I don't think many swedes would like to play a swedish server, I certainly wouldn't want that nor a nordic server either which has been proposed before.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
next month GoA will be annoucing a welsh language server :eek6:

:m00:

OldNick

Fledgling Freddie
looks like the italian servers are bad and they are gonna transfer ALL italian players to new GOA servers

so it looks like italians wont have a choice

nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom