GOA Hosting Italian DAOC Servers = Third English server?

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
For all our Italian players who are wondering what is happening with the status of the Italian servers:

We are happy to say that we will be making a joint announcement with GOA on November 30th, giving explicit instructions on how the new servers will be hosted - including a plan to transition player characters from the old Italian servers to the new.

GOA is the company that currently hosts Dark Age of Camelot servers in French, German, and English (in the UK) and distributes the game throughout Europe.

--

Does that mean that everyone gets to use the Italian one as third English server?

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
it's these servers : www.daoc.it
many people left them because the company that manage them is almost dead (no update anymore, they are still running with SI ...)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
would have thought the title ITALIAN server would kinda give away the language :p

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Does this mean it'll take EVEN longer to get our updates because GOA have now got to translate into Italian as well?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Bone_Idle said:
Does this mean it'll take EVEN longer to get our updates because GOA have now got to translate into Italian as well?

they might just hire some more people - you never know!

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Bone_Idle said:

Yeah GOA hired the pope so that the same person can translated the game into : French, German, Spanish, Italian (and British English is there is enough time).

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Ning said:
Yeah GOA hired the pope so that the same person can translated the game into : French, German, Spanish, Italian (and British English is there is enough time).

god help us all

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Bone_Idle said:

At least we will get new patches and expansions in the same month as in the US :)

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
will they get some mega patch to go close to updated with us or just normal ones at smaller intervals?

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
There is a positive side to this - the more countries GoA host servers for the larger the player base - which should (in theory) give them more leverage with Mythic when stuff needs fixing (hello targetting bug).

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Ning said:
the company that manage them is almost dead (no update anymore, they are still running with SI ...)
Shame they weren't running the English Servers... we could still be enjoying DAoC as it was Pre-ToA! :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
well i heard they were making a spanish server too, so english speaking players could go there, have the advantage of saying "dont understand" whenever you get a drop!

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
well i heard they were making a spanish server too, so english speaking players could go there, have the advantage of saying "dont understand" whenever you get a drop!

that made me laugh

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I hope the italian servers have a HUGE hib population. That they then screw the language issue and copies the italian servers to excal/hib and pryd/hib while converting the italian alb/mids to hibs and put them the same place. :)

Minau

Loyal Freddie
afaik there is only 1 italian server with a decent population. And there is a fucking huge alb zerg roaming emain every evening, a decent amount of mid gank grps and almost no hibs. Geeeee kinda reminds me of another EU server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom