GOA (Grr)

W

Wicoa

The opening of Gorre (Test Server):

No guarantee regarding the exact procedure but here is how we see it for now:

We are still planning to open the test server during the first week of June.
Players with an active account will be able to log on.
The server will be running the 1.48 version.
The language of the server will change depending on the planning of the corrections and testing.
We will also change the character database depending of the language in testing.

We will most probably use the characters databases of Excalibur, Brocéliande, & Avalon. We cannot merge all the databases on the same server so we will pick the most populated ones.

This is rediculous Prydwen is my main server and I like it that way so now to have a go at the Gorre server Im gonna have to have a high level Excal Char.

That is terrible we pay good money to play this and to snub a slightly less used server is outrageous.

Cheers Wicoa

A

Ardwan

Also think about the fact that the English patch isn't exactly gonna need any testing, compared to the French and German ones ;)

O

old.dittytwo

They are only COPYING the database's and the server will be wipped from time to time....

This means that you can go and play on there if you want to but the players will be whipped otherwise don't bother.

why do you need to go and play on there anyway if Prydwen is your main server????

O

old.mili

Originally posted by dittytwo
why do you need to go and play on there anyway if Prydwen is your main server????

Good point! :clap:

O

old.cerebus

Originally posted by dittytwo

Because it's 1.48 and we're all sick of waiting. That's probably why.

Look at it from a different perspective, what if it was Prydwen that they copied. I'm sure all of you Excalibur players would be complaining no end.

There is no way to please everybody. Don't complain though if someone displays dismay at not being able to witness 1.48 with the characters they've invested so much time into before you. We're all looking forward to it.

Even Prydwen players.

S

Solid

So Cereb you are willing to play your main char on a test server just cos its 1.48, knowing full well that server will be wiped multiple times in a space of 2-3 weeks and after that 3 weeks you char on Prydwen will still be unaffected, ie you wont have moved an incg from when you last logged.

What is the point? what will you gain from playing on 1.48?

well mayeb you will get an insight on the new stuff slightly ahead of others that cant/choose not to play on it.

But the advantage of a test server is primarily for GOa to be able t iron out bugs so the patch is done on all proper servers.

if I cant play on test, simply means I dont have to feel any guilt at the fact i am not helping to speed up the test procedure by playign Gorre.

I have NO intentions of playign on goprre anyway, this way GOA force me to not be able to,. so its win win :p

let the Excal monkeys run the Gorre treadmill and do the testing, I will keep on collecting my rp on Prydwen

W

Wicoa

I see it as more of a snub than anything else. Im not too interested in playing on a 1.48 but Solid was right.

Catch u laters

Wicoa

O

old.cerebus

Hey, I don't really give a damn about 1.48, I'm just saying that most people do and have cool new stuff to look forward too. They want to use them and see them in action against other players.

I want just saying that some people are sick of waiting and find it unfair that others get to test the new stuff before them. The only thing I think I want on 1.48 is the battle grounds but I have to wait ages before levelling an alt to level 24 :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom