Goa GM's want to know if this program will get me baned?

Gamah

Banned
Hey

I am looking to use Gamecam to record my daoc fights, however the program it's self asks you to point it to the game.exe file...I am not sure how it works but I am concern if its altering my game file I would get banned without reason.

Can you let me know if its ok to use this program.

www.planetgamecam.com

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Why not use Fraps m8, its totally seperate to anything to do with DAoC and so Im sure no risk.

Id say this thing you mention is safe too.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Going OT here a little but I spotted you're in 'Shitty Slough Gamah...

Gotta agree it is shitty... But the Britwell is shittier...
Slough, dark centre of the crapiverse... Pity all of us who live there... I hate the place :(

Anyway, back to topic..

To be honest as you can't be sure if it is allowed or not I'd steer clear...
Think you're stuck with Fraps, the risk outweighs the benefit...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If you point it at your game.exe it could also steal you account details, avoid and use fraps.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
For your fights wont alt+printscreen do :p

Gamah

Banned
lol steal my account details I think not..and fraps has too much of a performance impact..so its not really an option.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
I am looking to use Gamecam to record my daoc fights, however the program it's self asks you to point it to the game.exe file...I am not sure how it works but I am concern if its altering my game file I would get banned without reason.
www.planetgamecam.com

It doesnt in anyway alter your game.exe, It needs the path because it works differently from frapps, (in the same way ASE needs a path to DoD etc) frapps simply captures all direct-x streams, so for example it wouldnt work (before /clientsleep) with dual logging as there were 2 d-x streams which caused probs for previous versions of fraps, it's also the reason that the fps counter appeared in win media player if you had fraps running.

I bought and registered fraps, but have since strated to use gamecam, the 60/90 secs dump from cache feature is nice, have caching on by default ad if u have a fight simply dump the last 90 secs to disk, you'll be pretty much guaranteed to catch the whole fight. Even for almost constant recording it won't lag the hell out of your system the way fraps can, it creates pre-compressed files and if you turn the settings up the quality isn't that noticably worse than a frapped clip once you have run it through dr divx or such.

Edit
Besides if it altered the exe in any way, wouldn't the file check at start detect that?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Any reply from Requiel or another GM? I'd like to try that programme too.

Laroma

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
Besides if it altered the exe in any way, wouldn't the file check at start detect that?

Not necessarily. There are ways to alter the game executable without the updater noticing. And besides, there's a ton of ways to bypass the patcher sequence if you wanted to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom