goa f*ck us over again

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

freeq

General

Subscription section
[2003-4-09]

Our technical team is still working very hard to reopen all the DAoC services. We are planning on reopening the subscription section and Rightnow in the course of next week. We will then proceed to send the emails with the new subscription passwords.

Particular cases (such as people with incorrect personal datas, or outdated emails) are being processed via subscription@goa.com. As this address is under a lot of stress, only the requests linked to a subscription problem will be processed. Every other request will be ignored and should instead be sent to the Customer Support via Rightnow. Writing us several times about the same problem will not speed up the process, but rather slow it down. All mails related to a subscription problem will be processed starting from the reopening of the subscription section and Righnow.

We are of course aware that the recent events prevented a part of the community from playing during the last days. Compensatory measures will thus be taken soon :

To compensate for the temporary server shutdown on the 26th of August, and the sending of the new passwords on the 27th, all people having an active Dark Age of Camelot account at this dates will receive two free days on their subscription period.
For the people who haven't been able to play since the 28th of August, we will ofcourse take larger compensatory measures, depending on the problems encountered.

We are doing the best we can to return the situation to normal. Thank you for your patience and your support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

for the last 2 weeks i have been unable to play my main account, same as allot of other folks, and the whole time i have backed up and defended goa nearly non stop but this is getting a bit much.

they said last week the sub pages would be up early this week, now late this week they say next week...

so by thursday next week i'll expect another update, not ''the subs are up go play'' but another ''oops we fucked it up yet again time to find a game you can actually play''

shame i cant change my vote on that post, it doesnt take 3 weeks to fix this, i dont care if they have monkeys on typewriters in thier office, shit monkeys could prolly do a better job..

i know another goa whine thread :D if you cant beat em join em i guess.

back to lvling my bot... again... fuck sake... /yawn

P

[PS]Venom

FOR GODS SAKE

Read the OTHER threads. There's already 10000000000 wines like this.

F

freeq

yeah well mine is newer! and mine is more whitty :p

J

Jessy

Im sure more than ever now this problem all started due to sloppy mythic code, but yeah GOA are handling the subs update a little sluggishly, lets just hope they do keep to this new date. Im worried my subs will runout soon

T

tripitaka

I posted in a reply to another thread about another whine - that bascially if GOA say its gonna be done , and they miss target, PPLS will whine.... If GOA dont say anything then the subs come up, ppl will whine that it took so long...

Nobody is happy. Nobody at all it seems.

(Apart from those who have working accounts , who have cc's that allow them to auto sub)

<grins widely> ;)

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by tripitaka
I posted in a reply to another thread about another whine - that bascially if GOA say its gonna be done , and they miss target, PPLS will whine.... If GOA dont say anything then the subs come up, ppl will whine that it took so long...

(Apart from those who have working accounts , who have cc's that allow them to auto sub)

<grins widely> ;)

Hehe I had my passwords but then had system failure and lost them so gotta wait for subs passwords to play again! :)

O

old.job

I've gained 15 bubs since the hack, got my password last week :)

C

charmsdark

Originally posted by tripitaka

I've got my password, yet I'm not particularly happy :p
My husband still hasn't gotten his password even tho he's got an up-to-date e-mail address, have recieved e-mails from GOA before, has never changed his account details, and haven't had any problems with his e-mail in any other respects.

Aside from that I think that the customer support GOA has provided is crap. They could at least post _something_, even if it's only "Sorry it's taking so long but we're working on it". At least that's better than nothing, or than posting the so called "long awaited" Friday news with just about nothing regarding the current situation and the problems with ppl not recieving their passwords.

X

xcpt

well u should of paid in blocks of 3 months or something. or maybe u shud of sorted ur emain address the day u changed it if that was the problem. fucking sick of ppl whining its like they change emain or something / isp and not bother to sort it out the day they change it cos they are on daoc 24/7. all i can say is UL!

F

freeq

<<well u should of paid in blocks of 3 months or something. or maybe u shud of sorted ur emain address the day u changed it if that was the problem. fucking sick of ppl whining its like they change emain or something / isp and not bother to sort it out the day they change it cos they are on daoc 24/7. all i can say is UL!>>

i love the folks who whine on whine posts, like the title didnt give you any idea it was going to be a whine :rolleyes:

but to clarify, i got al my PW's just cant subscribe, been waiting nearly 3 weeks for that to be fixed, and not everyone is in a possition to have subs renued every time they run out, thats me being broke nothing to do with goa :p but i do expect them to be working when they said they where

F

freeq

locked there is already enough of these about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread