GOA don't go and do a Mythic

O

old.hidden

after sitting at my comp for 3 hours searching and reading, i have found many displeased players with the new 1.5 patch. Assassins have been killed off, eveyone has lost a chunk of Endurance, the realm styles are uneven distributed.

I never complained about GOA's service, i stick by it as long as they don't follow Mythic and patching to 1.5 so fast. Open the test server, and let people test. Get feedback from them and change what you think is necesarry, not what Mythic feel would piss people off the most.

Keep the patches coming, slowely i don't mind, but don't rush them and ruin the game for hundreds of players.

(don't copy mythic's v 1.50I, create your own, that people from the EU have tested and approved)

O

old.Charonel

sorry mate but it's not goa's game... it's mythic's.

so basically mythic can do what ever the hell they like with it regardless of whether goa (or us) like it or not :(

still think the assasin nerf (even coming from a caster's point of view!) is just bloody pathetic! what the hell's the point in the class anymore!?

A

Aeiedil

well all i want is 1.46, and then im happy for a long while (up to this newest patch)

personally unless this is changed i wouldnt mind seeing the patches stalled at 1.50whatever just before it, as im sure any rvring assasain would agree.

personally i do not see this change going in as-is, the same as the melee damage reductions. it gimps a balanced class rvr-wise, where what should be done is fixing the present classes that need loving

against common misconception i do not see assasains as hard in pve when played right, their style is just different from most other classes and so takes a bit more time at least in the beginning, but in the end is worth it. i can consistently take down a lot of yellows, though more normally its certain yellows that have a certain combination of + an - hits

apart from the lack of the disguise skill, imo assasains are done when the poisions are done, which is when the dot is upped a bit, and the disease snare is fixed. after that they should be left, and attention should be turned to other classes :) just my opinion :)

O

old.Thing

Aye GOA are just the monkey company

They have NO SAY at all on what goes in the games programing. They are just the puppets heh

S

SFXman

Could've kept this in the other thread but oh well, point is that GOA really can't do such things I expect, since Mythic owns this game :eek:

F

Flimgoblin

Well one advantage is we get the patches in bulk...

so if Mythic have 1.51 by the time we're patched to 1.48 then thats what we'll hit next - no 1.50 in between (assuming they've not started translating the next patches whilst the other ones are tested)

Another thing is we get the realm abilities after all the bugs in them have been found.
Think of the US servers as our test server.

As to patching different bits - GOA gives us Dark Age of Camelot (in 3 different languages) - they do not give us 'GOA's tailored version of Dark Age of Camelot'.
It's up to Mythic to do the balancing - if you don't like the changes go whine on the IGN boards with the rest.

(Personally I like 1.50 - it removes two overly-powerful things... the invincible invisible sniper and the insta-kill invisible assassin that stays invisible...)

O

old.stroke

Hold your horses people. The patch is only up to 1.50J yet. By the time it hits Z it's probably back to normal again :p

C

cleeve

LoL

Wheres the patch wheres the patch?

Dont patch! Dont patch!!

:D

From what I have read of the patch upgrades - the addititons to hps, extra spec points and other bits and bobs should more than make up for the loss of the 'invincible invisible' stealther.

Cheers Folks

Revor

S

SFXman

fingoniel, nice way to put it. The US server people are our guinea pig population. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom