Goa are funny really (and no it's not a rightnow whine)

K

klavrynd

Regarding the question : "should buffbots be forbidden", our current stand is no, since there are no violation of the rules. However, it might be interesting to see if, gameplay wise, something can be done to limit the abuses, without punishing the support classes directly. Mythic already shared their view on this topic and reached the same conclusion : there is no legal reason to forbid the use of buffbots. However, alternative gameplay possibilities are being studied.

read : We're making double cash so sod it!

but :
Uers are expected to show respect for one another, to contribute to the cordial atmosphere of the game.

As with all other elements of the game, abuse of this status with a view to spoiling the atmosphere of the game may result in the imposition of penalties. .

F

furious_george

What the hell is an alternative gameplay possibility?

X

Xeanor

another buffbot whine

it's no use whining, unlike other overpowered stuff, they are making money with it

nothing is ever gonna be done

T

Teh Krypt

Oh yes it will. Me and kr0n are dosing goa's buffbot servers now!

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Aravis
Ranged buffs perhaps?

Ranged buffs would hurt actualy shamans, maybe somthing like an XP/RP leech if you have buffs. If you were in a group it wouldn't matter because RP is shared anyway, if the shaman was solo it wouldn't matter because the RP would go back to him anyway.

Still it would be difficult to implement that kind of thing probably, that and it'l be open to all sorts of problems and abuse :(

D

Driwen

9k range would only hurt buff classes who buff other players not in their group, unless you are in the habbit of splitting up for very long distances. It would however hurt buffbots in RvR

K

klavrynd

why's everyone talking about shaman? cleric and druid are buffbots as well but they shouldn't be touched?

O

old.Mu.

Making buffs ranged will hurt shaman.

It might put an end to solo, uber-buffed stealthers..

But it will also mean that groups have to decide between a shaman with yellow buffs and a bot with red buffs.

Yeah. Sadly, most will opt for the buffbot, I garuantee it. They'll tape that buffbunny to their ass, and the 'buffer' slot in the group is now filled - The side-effect of which is that you've now made it even harder for active shaman to get groups.

As it stands, new shaman already have to compete with buffbots to get PvE groups. I don't want it to be made doubly hard for me to find RvR groups as well.

It wouldn't hurt clerics and druids as much, because groups need them to heal. Shaman heal line is dire (in fact all but Aug are in need of help, but that's another thread). Currently, you get a shaman in your group for buffs. Anything they do beyond that is a plus.

Ok, sorry for minor derail, but my shaman is already heading for retirement because of the current state of the class, and the current mindset of the players. Range on buffs would probably mean I never, ever play him again.

L

lissandra

only morons will take their bot with them if they have the chance of getting a active playing shaman and if they do nice, easier rp then.

D

Damon_D

GOOOO BOT'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: If you dont like em..well tough luck ..

D

Driwen

Originally posted by n3wbie
quit if you dont like it :sleeping:

ok quit if you dont like overpowered classes ?:p
Some people just dislike that buffbots are around and have to get them to compete (which they did btw) or mind them being around, but cant be bothered getting one. Which doesnt mean they actually whine about them. I dont think a class that isnt played actively and is near unkillable (you can kill them with volley +luck at the pk's). However I still like the game with or without buffbots. So I wont stop playing daoc, just because there are some stuff I dislike about the game :).

T

tris-

but if you dont like playing a game then why play it? if you dont like playing super mario you just pull that cartridge out and smash up, simple.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by n3wbie
but if you dont like playing a game then why play it? if you dont like playing super mario you just pull that cartridge out and smash up, simple.

i do NOT like buffbots, i DO like the game. I would however have buffbots removed as I find them not part of the ideal game I would want to play. So I would like goa/mythic to make a change to buffbots, I do however still enjoy the game in its currents form. So why would I stop playing?

T

tris-

i was really talking about the people who dont like the game but still play anyway.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by furious_george
What the hell is an alternative gameplay possibility?

fancy talk for BIG FAT NERF MUAHUAHUHAUHAHUA!!!!

:)
(or rather some way of balancing buffbots without screwing over the buffing classes - e.g. making them have to leave the portal keep)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
fancy talk for BIG FAT NERF MUAHUAHUHAUHAHUA!!!!

Use of MUHAHAHA without a permit. Fined 1 beer.
Varying spelling without planning permission. Fined 2 beers.
Deploying MUHAHAHA on innocent thread. Fined 1 kebab.

Penalty payment to be handed over no later than 28/6/2003.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Use of MUHAHAHA without a permit. Fined 1 beer.
Varying spelling without planning permission. Fined 2 beers.
Deploying MUHAHAHA on innocent thread. Fined 1 kebab.

Penalty payment to be handed over no later than 28/6/2003.

Use of arbitrary and previously unheard of fining without a permit (flashes his own hastily put together permit made out of cardboard and sticky-backed-plastic).
Fined 4 beers.

Deploying fines on a terribly debauched and far from innocent thread: Fined 1 cheeseburger.

Trade ye a kebab for a cheeseburger and a beer :p :)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
Use of arbitrary and previously unheard of fining without a permit (flashes his own hastily put together permit made out of cardboard and sticky-backed-plastic).
Fined 4 beers.

Deploying fines on a terribly debauched and far from innocent thread: Fined 1 cheeseburger.

Trade ye a kebab for a cheeseburger and a beer :p :)

Prosecution notes your feeble pleabargaining and refers the defendant to section 4, paragraph 1a of the MUHAHAHA User Law which clearly states:

"Cry more noob"

Further... you want fries with that? (Oops thought I was Brannor there for a second ;))

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Prosecution notes your feeble pleabargaining and refers the defendant to section 4, paragraph 1a of the MUHAHAHA User Law which clearly states:

"Cry more noob"

Further... you want fries with that? (Oops thought I was Brannor there for a second ;))

My lawyer would like to pass on the following message: "boohoo"

and also "no thanks, but I'll take a chocolate shake."

R

Roo Stercogburn

The Jury pronounces this thread officially hijacked.

P

parisienscot

I thought it was just me, Apathy and Osy who did the hijacking round here - get off our turf or Apathy will spam post Martini bottles ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom