GoA and LoTM!

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
I hope i'm certainly not the only one wondering how GoA are going to deal with the unlock of the mauler class on the European servers, after whats happened on the US servers i hope GoA can see that their method of dealing with it is basically shit.

Only one realm on one cluster has been able to unlock the class since the release a week ago. We don't have the numbers left anymore to be doing big sized crap raids to capture 18 relics and take them simultaneously to the middle of agramon at same time.

So if any GM wants to share some information please feel free to do so, if it's going to be say 7 relics from the beginning and not 18 i'll probably pre-order it. But if there is messing about with 1 week delays then i won't :D

Anyone else wondering? =o

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Penlid said:
Only one realm on one cluster has been able to unlock the class since the release a week ago.

Mythic said:
The plan was to make unlocking the Mauler class unlikely for opening night, and possible for the combined efforts of the weekend crowd. The plan was to reduce the number of relics required to unlock the class over the coming days until everyone could get the new toy. Given that the current record for simultaneous relic holdings is 14, I suspect we're going to start seeing Maulers soon.

However, the feedback is clear - many of you are worried that it will be weeks before you see the Mauler. So let me show you the exact schedule:

EDIT 5:15 EST: Typo

Fri. 11/17 – Reduce count to 15

Tues. 11/21 – Reduce count to 10

Tues. 11/28 – Reduce count to 7

At that point, we're going to hold on for a week or so, and wait and see what happens before making further adjustments.

There is more to LOTM than just the new "class" but if thats all you want, just buy it when the class has become unlocked.

Tilda

The unlocking system is the coolest thing mythic has done for ages.
The relics are not hard to get, a fg can get them one by one and pass over the bot groups, that was how it was done on the other groups.
If anything it will be easier on EU as there are not the huge population imballances that there are on US. As all realms have lower numbers, it becomes easier to evade and capture more relics, whereas if each realm has 200 people in minilab alone, then it gets fucking hard to hold stuff without being zerged.
Personally I think the unlock thing is great, its the people who want instant gratification, "i bought lotm i want to be a lvl 50 mauler now!" type people who got toa nerfed because they couldnt handle the wait.

Its not necessarily the final destination thats important but the journey.

Lab will add a new life to RvR, as although it increases the rvr area, it also focusses the players.
The run from entrance to the hub is good for soloers, while full groups will have awesome fun running the hub ring.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
AS Tilda said it just kinda gets people into the Lab and useing the new relics. Chances are if they just released the class the vast majority would not even bother heading in there and then would have no idea if the relics were any use or how to use them

Running round with relics inside then slipping out a secret passage way leaveing the chaseing group/zerg behind wondering were you have gone is pretty fun. Its abit like how DF used to be back in the day..

Ignore the VN doombringers have some fun in the new dungoen then a few weeks after its released roll you mauler :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Mythic introduce a new expansion with a new class, with plenty of people eager to play the new class, yet they can't play it because of a difficult RvR mission.

Maybe Mythic could've done some sort of realm mission with territory instead of class activation. Something which is nice to the realm and people would have to work towards, instead of a restriction which prevents people rolling a new character.

Nate

FH is my second home
hopefully they'll vastly reduce the number of relics required for it before they release it here..our server will not be able to give 18(think thats the number it started at) full groups imo, especially in the underpopulated realms

Tilda

YOU DONT NEED 18 FULL GROUPS.

The people who activated it on mid did it with 1fg main people who went around getting the relics, then they passed them to bot groups of 2 bb's or so grouped together who then went and stood with 3fg's who were guarding the spot in agromon where you take them.

Greaper, the problem is, its a good thing people can't just roll the class imo. If they could just roll it, they would be PL'ed to 50 and toa'ed within 3 days or so. Now, there has to be a bit of effort involved, it levels the playing field and also makes it more fun and coincidentally means that the l33t PL'ers who wanted to be "omgz m8's f1rst lvl 50 min0!" miss out while normal players have a chance.
The sense of achievement in unlocking the mauler will be worth it imo.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
It's all a matter of opinion. I personally don't like the unlocking idea, and I can't really be bothered with it. Then again, I won't roll a Mauler anyway, but that's besides the point.

Unless we get LotM together with 1.87, we're not going to be able to enter the dungeon anyway, due to bainshees camping the entrance stairs and nuking anyone porting in to bits. :)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i agree with tilda, this activation forces ppl to work together to achieve. Something this game lacks sometimes. I personally am looking forward to this a little more

Tilda

The Los fixes will be bundled to goa as part of the lotm patch.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
It's a bit early to talk about our implementation of the Mauler unlock yet. As it seems that the conditions can be adjusted on the fly I would imagine that we'll look at the situation closer to launch time and work out a sensible schedule in collaboration with Mythic to ensure that all servers get to play the new class but that those players who enjoy large-scale challenges get the chance to try and organise a reasonable raid.
We'll be able to give you more details closer to the time of course.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Tilda said:
i want to be a lvl 50 mauler now!" type people who got toa nerfed because they couldnt handle the wait.

QUOTE]

lol is that really the reason toa got nerfed or is it because of the disparity and greed that was fostered by the overpowered artifacts / ML's and their effect on rvr creating the haves and the have-nots.

try and be a little more careful how you phrase things please.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
The unlocking system is the coolest thing mythic has done for ages.
The relics are not hard to get, a fg can get them one by one and pass over the bot groups, that was how it was done on the other groups.
If anything it will be easier on EU as there are not the huge population imballances that there are on US. As all realms have lower numbers, it becomes easier to evade and capture more relics, whereas if each realm has 200 people in minilab alone, then it gets fucking hard to hold stuff without being zerged.
Personally I think the unlock thing is great, its the people who want instant gratification, "i bought lotm i want to be a lvl 50 mauler now!" type people who got toa nerfed because they couldnt handle the wait.

Its not necessarily the final destination thats important but the journey.

Lab will add a new life to RvR, as although it increases the rvr area, it also focusses the players.
The run from entrance to the hub is good for soloers, while full groups will have awesome fun running the hub ring.
It's gonna be so fun!!!!! :D

I'm excited like a little kid at xmas. :)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Tilda said:
its the people who want instant gratification, "i bought lotm i want to be a lvl 50 mauler now!" type people who got toa nerfed because they couldnt handle the wait.

Its not necessarily the final destination thats important but the journey
Exactly. I wish more people understood this about MMORPGs.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I hope the Mauler doesn't get ridiculed, those Half-Ogres got such a hard time when they came out.

Please dont be mean to Maulers, they are already worried at how they will be perceived...

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Bahumat said:
I hope the Mauler doesn't get ridiculed, those Half-Ogres got such a hard time when they came out.

Please dont be mean to Maulers, they are already worried at how they will be perceived...

Er, do you mean Minotaurs...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom