GOA – Expansion Pack and PvP Server

N

Novo

Just been thinking. As Mythic have just started their Pre-launch Marketing for the DAoC Expansion Pack - Shrouded Isles and promised a launch of Nov 2002. When will we get it!

GOA will have to translate the whole Expansion Pack into it French and German which is going to take time. Plus I presume we can expect that we’d have to be at a certain patch level aswell.

So some questions to GOA.
When are you expected to have a Euro Shrouded Isles Expansion?
Also when will we be getting a PvP server?

Come on Kemor even a, “no idea but most likely 3 months after the US!” response would be nice.

O

old.mattshanes

Beleive it or not i heard it was same time as usa,will include patches to update us to the same as usa and everything will be the same internationally when things are updated in the future.In my opinion i think it wont come in november but it will have patches included with it that make us up to date with usa or near enough.

V

Vell

The thing is, translating takes so long now because the coding Mythic used doesn't adapt very well to other languages. However, they correct this in the Shrouded Isles expansion (I would assume anyway) and so translation time will be much less. I would have thought we'd get the expansion before Christmas, in order to grab the sales rush.

PvP server will be here soon after 1.51 - this has already been stated on the DAoC-Europe website. The estimated date for that is October, but the patching has been going well so far, so it may be sooner.

F

Flimgoblin

The US version of Shrouded Isles goes out on December the 15th.

I doubt we'll get it till at least january/february...

However you never know - Mythic might actually change things in the expansion to make it easier to translate... now that they have the massive Korean market as well as the French/German/Italian versions to be translated for.

Then again, Mercs might fly ;) (oh wait we're cows not pigs :))

Would you like some fries with your Mcflurry and Jambiya sandwich?

W

wolvon fury

Bring on PvP server, best thing about them, Get rid of the idiots

T

Trish

And half of the player population. This can be crucial when talking about pry/hib :)

O

old.logun

pvp server is the only thing i'm waiting on to see whats it like etc and to nail the morons :D but i don't care about the expansion i doubt i'll be playing that long it's boring as it is :) PvP will keep me busy for a while least a month :clap: :clap:

G

gengi

Look out Other Realms

From the comments about the different realms I have read on this forum, it would appear that the PvP server will be an immense boon to Hibernia on Prydwen.
why do I say this ?
Its the age thing, from what I gather Hib is the realm of choice for the 'oldies' :D and I include myself in this number. So come the PvP sever comes the time of Hib dominance :rolleyes: :confused:
or at least equivalence.
We all have dreams :p

Later
Gengee

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom