TV Global Iplayer coming next year

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
hope we dont have to subscribe when we go abroad to use iplayer :/ maybe we can take our TV license number and use it to use iplayer abroad

leviathane

Part of the furniture
ye how the feck is that gonna work? our tv license going to pay for johnny foreigners to watch out tv shows. pfft :D

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
they doing a month by moth sub for it if your foreign if you read

but bummer if you have to sub while your away even tho u pay at home

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
hope we dont have to subscribe when we go abroad to use iplayer :/ maybe we can take our TV license number and use it to use iplayer abroad
Sounds sensible actually.
I've been thinking for a while that the BBC might start using the TV licence as a means of verifying your eligibility to access their online services. The TV licence is *supposed* to be paid by every household with a TV, and is the BBC's income. In effect, the licence is your subscription to the Beeb.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
ye how the feck is that gonna work? our tv license going to pay for johnny foreigners to watch out tv shows. pfft :D

It already does.
BBC America makes a very tidy profit and has done for a number of years showing nothing more than re-runs of BBC and even ITV/C4 shows.
It's not like the money it made came off your TV licence fee.

Then again, a few days of Fox news and other free US channels that seem to have more ad breaks for pills, cars, political parties and health insurance schemes, than names in the end credits make you think, the TV licence isn't such a bad thing.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I love the way soo many people have posted without reading the article.

It's a subscription service, it pays for itself, and gives the BBC extra income.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
hahaha gonna be honest ye i couldn't be arsed to read the whole thing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom