Glazer controls Man Utd

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Thursday, 12 May, 2005

The death of Manchester United football club!

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Haha. :D So is he going to give any money for transfers or what? I don't really understand how this affects himself and the club.

Marc

FH is my second home
haha hes using man u to wipe out his debts at tampa bay buccaneers ROFL ROFL

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
This is brilliant, it's going to absolutely crush the Man U fans! There will be a tide of depression sweeping Watford, Hackney, Milton Keynes, Stafford, Welwyn Garden City, etc..........

HAHA Serves you right for being scum.

Trallisx

Loyal Freddie
Glazers bid is based on borrowed money. He didn't have enough money personally to fund the acquisition. Since he has bought shares using borrowed money, he has plunged us into debt.

This is bad, but it could get even worse. If he manages to gain 75% + 1 more share he can then delist MUFC from the stock exchange and transfer whatever debt he has into Man Utd.

He plans on hiking season ticket prices, merchandise and whatever else he wants. I've even heard that he is planning on selling the rights to the name of our stadium to the highest bidder.

There's a demonstration outside Old Trafford tonight at 1700gmt. Fans are being urged to take their season ticket renewal forms and burning them outside the ground. :(

I'm a lifelong Man Utd supporter, live and work 10 mins from the ground. I'm just devasted by the prospect of Glazer messing us up :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Go fuck yourself Bodhi. How you of all people can have a pop at fans because they don't come from Manchester is fucking beyond me, oh native of Turin. Not.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Sounds like a lot of rumours and not enough facts regarding his plans, not that I care too much ;)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
I feel sorry for the Man U fans...

Thats about as big a pisstake as you are gonna get out of me im afraid :p

Bodhi

DaGaffer said:
Go fuck yourself Bodhi. How you of all people can have a pop at fans because they don't come from Manchester is fucking beyond me, oh native of Turin. Not.

If you're gonna do something wrong, do it right I say. Least I haven't supported whatever team ITV told me to like most of the moronic Man U fans.
So I suggest putting the toys back in the pram and suckling on the ickle dummy you threw on the floor. Grown ups are mocking Manchester United.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
:D You'll do well next year with the £20m transfer kitty he's promised you, that'll buy 1 rooney leg perhaps. Seeing as you need about 1/2 a squad, you need just a bit more than that.

The day you dropped "Football Club" from your badge was the start of a dodgy slope tbh, the investors are getting what they want, 300p per share is very good, the share price hasn't been anywhere near that in five years. If you don't want people to buy you, why are you on the stock market.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Bodhi said:
If you're gonna do something wrong, do it right I say. Least I haven't supported whatever team ITV told me to like most of the moronic Man U fans.
So I suggest putting the toys back in the pram and suckling on the ickle dummy you threw on the floor. Grown ups are mocking Manchester United.

No you supported whoever Channel 4 told you to support. Whoop de do. 'tard.

Bodhi

DaGaffer said:
No you supported whoever Channel 4 told you to support. Whoop de do. 'tard.

No, becuase when I was about 7 I thought Michele Platini was god, and he played for Juve. Dont think it was even on Channel 4 at that point.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
My disillusionment with Football (I'm a passive Nottingham Forest fan - make sense?) is laughing it's bloody socks off right now. The gradual dimise of Football through money lost my interest.

If the rumour that this will 'destroy' Man Utd is true, then it couldn't happen to a more deserving company. They're heavily responsible for the game-destroying trend that led to this.

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
so much bullshit being posted by so many clueless fucks. It's you people that make us the club we are and you're too fukkin stupid to see it.

ever wondered why the "who the fuck are man united" song resounds round away grounds so much?

wankers

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
No, becuase when I was about 7 I thought Michele Platini was god, and he played for Juve. Dont think it was even on Channel 4 at that point.

that obviuosly raises you above any united fan not from manchester eh?

priceless

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
This is more ridiculous than Crouch playing for England.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Kids.

Next you'll be accusing each other of having AIDS.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Shovel said:
My disillusionment with Football (I'm a passive Nottingham Forest fan - make sense?) is laughing it's bloody socks off right now. The gradual dimise of Football through money lost my interest.

If the rumour that this will 'destroy' Man Utd is true, then it couldn't happen to a more deserving company. They're heavily responsible for the game-destroying trend that led to this.

Exactly, I have no sympathy for United, the money in football has skyrocketted, lower teams can't compete. My local team, Kidderminster Harriers, have gone down this season, and we're relatively solvent, we just have no money to purchase the players we need to compete. Thanks to inflated wages, merchandise and ticketting, the football fan is being disillusioned with their teams. The fans that pay so much, especially corporate guests, aren't there for the football, its for business and networking, you ain't going to see them on a wet wednesday evening for a home match against lincoln.

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Shovel said:

claims that it will ruin united are laughable.

Shovel said:
They're heavily responsible for the game-destroying trend that led to this.

please explain with your extensive football and financial knowledge how this is true

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I like your assumption that you were the only kid that saw a good team or player and decided to support that club. Obvisouly everyone else that supports distant teams does so because of the evils of television and because they are glory hunting.

But of course your right, what happens to Bodhi only happens to Bodhi.

Marc

FH is my second home
This really is bad news for utd. With chelsea its different as their wealthy backer has used his own money. Glazier has borrowed £300 million from JP Morgan bank. This has to be repaid out of his own pocket, not Man Uniteds. I dont know what the repayment terms are, but hes gotta be paying back at least £10 million a year. His main source of income will be from dividends from man united. Uniteds profits in the last financial year were £12 million. If financial results are similiar in the next financial year,as a 75% shareholder he is entitled to 9 million of that, which he is going to take to pay off his bank loan. United profits are going to be eaten up every year via dividends to Glazier. Uniteds only saving grace is that they are the richest club in the world. This leads me to believe that in the past, the majority shareholders have declined to take dividends and left the money in the clubs reserves. I cant see Glazier doing that with a £300 million bank loan hanging round his neck. So once the reserves have gone on new players, where is the money gonna come from for more new players? It certainly aint comming from profits as Glazier is taking all that. Worst case scenario, in years to come, united are going to have to sell to buy, or use bank loans to finance any future deals. We only need to look at Leeds United to see what happens when you go down the bank loan route.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
And of course some sad fuck registering purely to swear and throw abuse at others, over.... wait for it.... a bunch of poncy, overpaid, under-educated lady boys kicking a ball around.

Not that this proves football is mostly followed by neanderthal, retarded, smack addicts. Oh no.

Marc

FH is my second home
Deadmanwalking said:
Not that this proves football is mostly followed by neanderthal, retarded, smack addicts. Oh no.

with a statement like that, there is only one retard here. Probably a fckin queer one at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom