Glastonburys impact on the other servers

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
I'm interested on hearing what you guys thinks Glastonbury will do to the rest of the servers.

Will the same happen as with the PvP-server, or will it have a serious impact on the rest of the servers? Will it happen as in the US?

It has been discussed before, but interested in peoples views now after the launch.

This is how it looks now:

Attachments

• Server situation.jpg
    Server situation.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 122

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Well, it is still early in first day. Wait till Monday to get some better conclusions!

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I imagine Ex-Prydwen will be rather dead the coming week. Then more and more will start returning. The question is though, how many ends up staying on the classic servers. And, if enough will remain for that server to be active, or it'll be a ghost town. Even... will there be enough on Ex-Prydwen for it to remain active?

We cannot know that - only guess.

Zahr

Fledgling Freddie
I think it will be popular to start from scratch and yes the normal servers will lose som people. But most of the players will for sure come back i guess....

For those who dont fancy the TOA stuff it will be a blessing with this classic server. Thing is people cant play rvr on normal severs without BB and TOA stuff, and thats a pity.....

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Quite a few from EU went to US classic servers and are either still there because they like it or have returned because they didn't, so I don't think the effect will be as great as on the US servers, although I've no doubt that ex-pryd will be fairly dead for a week or two.

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
One more thing I'm thinking about now is;

Was it right of GOA to launch a new server, when it will have a vast impact on the ones that does not want to play on classic servers for atleast a long(?) period of time?

Not an opinion though, just a thought=)

Zahr

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm guess not...atm there are 10617 online in Europe Excal 380, Prydwen 168, and 2264 on Glastonbury, must be paradise 4 stealthers and those who prefere 1 v 1 fights on excal/pryd

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Have another look in 2-3 months, 10p says its almost back to normal.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
This will happen
yearly.png

illu

Part of the furniture
I really don't understand the appeal of going to a new server, making new chars, doing the grind to 50 to have the same crap when you get to 50? :>

I think with ToA items, they made up for where classes sometimes lacked something, eg casters could get more pool or cast speed or not die instantly.

The ONLY fun thing I could see in these servers is everyone plays in the battlegrounds from 0-44, with big zergs of lowbie characters, that will be funny. I imagine it will be masses of warlocks against masses of bainshees against masses of albs. But after that, forget it, same old crap, different place :>

Oli - Illu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom