Glastonbury ?

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
With numbers of Glastonbury falling seems most of users of Glastonbury being French will Mythic/Goa look at clustering Glastonbury with Excal/Pryd users.

With Glastonbury being "Classic" it wouldn't take much for them to be toa'd up.

This is not a flame at Glastonbury but it seems the well the novelty seems to have worn off so out of interest would Mythic/Goa bring the 3rd English server in line with Excal/Pryd.

I like the fact if they decide to do in end means I can play all 3 realms and also People who missed out on being able to play a different realm this be ideal for them to put toons on a 2nd realm they like to play.

Discuss ?

Soulja

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Na leave em alone tbh - those who chose to go there did so because it was non TOA etc, so why ruin it for them by forcing TOA on them now ;)

Serves em right if its dropping in population now the novelty has worn off for leaving the lovely cluster servers in the first place!! Naughty peeps!!

Kuhan

Loyal Freddie
unlikely

now that GOA focus there time on prepareing for warhammer who gives a shit about classic :flame:

Laddey

FH is my second home
Kuhan said:
unlikely

now that GOA focus there time on prepareing for warhammer who gives a shit about classic :flame:

Isn't it Mythic doing the preparing? :)

Kuhan

Loyal Freddie
Laddey said:
Isn't it Mythic doing the preparing? :)

if they want better support they have to earn it they dont just wait for mythic to give them the game

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Soulja_IA_ said:
With numbers of Glastonbury falling seems most of users of Glastonbury being French will Mythic/Goa look at clustering Glastonbury with Excal/Pryd users.

With Glastonbury being "Classic" it wouldn't take much for them to be toa'd up.

This is not a flame at Glastonbury but it seems the well the novelty seems to have worn off so out of interest would Mythic/Goa bring the 3rd English server in line with Excal/Pryd.

I like the fact if they decide to do in end means I can play all 3 realms and also People who missed out on being able to play a different realm this be ideal for them to put toons on a 2nd realm they like to play.

Discuss ?

Soulja

french gulds running 2-4 grps on stick are killing glast... not the novelty has worn off.

P

Pretarded

wouldnt it be more logical to cluster it with Sailsbury ?
i dont see GOA clustering Camlann with excal xD

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Pretarded said:
wouldnt it be more logical to cluster it with Sailsbury ?
i dont see GOA clustering Camlann with excal xD

As Glastonbury is meant to be (Cough) English there would be a coding issue with language if they clustered with Salisbury.

As For Camlann believe that is use of different chars over the different realms that people use e.g Ranger with a Shamen BB etc then it would be difficult for that person to have his chars that he has selected on same server.

Think it would be lot easier to cluster Glastonbury into the Excal/Pryd as there no language barrier of Character creation problems.

Soulja

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Jesus no !!!

The 2-4fg of french RR6 on /stick have ruined glast for most of us, thats the last thing I want to see on our final remaining english server :)

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
Jesus no !!!

The 2-4fg of french RR6 on /stick have ruined glast for most of us, thats the last thing I want to see on our final remaining english server :)

Tbh over reaction on you part hee hee believe the 2-4FG of French would leave then making Glastonbury an English population that it was meant to be.Making it a lot DAM friendlier than it is now (Rant Off).

Soulja

P

Pretarded

dont turn it into whine thread k.
As Glastonbury is meant to be (Cough) English there would be a coding issue with language if they clustered with Salisbury.

As For Camlann believe that is use of different chars over the different realms that people use e.g Ranger with a Shamen BB etc then it would be difficult for that person to have his chars that he has selected on same server.

Think it would be lot easier to cluster Glastonbury into the Excal/Pryd as there no language barrier of Character creation problems.

Soulja
Well yeah, but its still kind of dumb to cluster different types of server. I mean if they cant overcome problems with clustering camlann, i seriously doubt they will bother trying to overcome language problems and will just let server die on its own, like camlann ;p

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
What happened to the promised land of no ToA and great RvR for everybody?

Now the people who were promising that classic server RvR would be miles better than the cluster want to join the cluster because RvR on their server is shit.

I think this is an appropriate time to say I told you so.

K

Kharok Svark

I came back for No Buff Bots and No ToA Classic.

If I wanted to play my Character on Cluster, I could buy another account or delete existing cluster characters and reroll, but I don't want to play on cluster.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
chretien said:

Now the people who were promising that classic server RvR would be miles better than the cluster want to join the cluster because RvR on their server is shit.

The french grew some balls and invaded something

Makes a change, its usually the other way around!

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:

Excal/Pryd are hardly crammed full with players either - whole population is in decline - add the buff rules to Excal/Pryd and I would go back - but otherwise as a single account owner I will stick to classic - atleast some solo stealther is not uber tank killer on Glast

B

Biggilus

numbers will pick up end of july when the wee kiddies are on summer hols, for both cluster and classic

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:

The fg vs fg fights our guild had on Glastonbury were the best ever, they lasted longer so were more forgiving if you made a mistake. The reason so many have left Glast is not due to the lack of ToA abilities, its that damn french zerg - players that are RR6+ who insist on running as a guild and steamrolling everything by running as 2,3 or 4 fg on /stick would ruin any english server as thats not how we play.

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:

RvR on Glastonbury is the same as on cluster, atleast for me with my playstyle but i dont need to have two accounts to compete.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I have seen some horsehit posts on here in my time but the orginal post in this thread takes the biscuit.

Classic ruleset was devised to attract former players back to DAoC as well as give those people who hate ToA a chance to play under a ruleset they would enjoy. It was successful at both, many old players returned and subscription numbers went up for 6 months, Mythic and GOA got a little boost in revenue and everyone was happy. Now player numbers have dropped off on Glastonbury, mainly because people who just wanted to try something new have gone to other servers as Classic has bored them. The thing is that Glastonbury still has 1000 regulars a night, they are the hardcore of players who hated ToA and they deserve a home, the population is higher than Excal and yet you want to force them all into a cluster against their will? Totally ridiculous.

Now if you had said delete Camlann and make a 3rd English server I could have seen the funny side, after all it doesn't make economic sense to run a server for 200 people but you are talking about Glastonbury which is still a very popular server by DAoC standards and it caters for over 5% of the DAoC EU population, Camlann on the other hand caters for 1% and you don't see that many threads asking for that to be changed/deleted.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
cHodAX said:
I have seen some horsehit posts on here in my time but the orginal post in this thread takes the biscuit.

Classic ruleset was devised to attract former players back to DAoC as well as give those people who hate ToA a chance to play under a ruleset they would enjoy. It was successful at both, many old players returned and subscription numbers went up for 6 months, Mythic and GOA got a little boost in revenue and everyone was happy. Now player numbers have dropped off on Glastonbury, mainly because people who just wanted to try something new have gone to other servers as Classic has bored them. The thing is that Glastonbury still has 1000 regulars a night, they are the hardcore of players who hated ToA and they deserve a home, the population is higher than Excal and yet you want to force them all into a cluster against their will? Totally ridiculous.

Now if you had said delete Camlann and make a 3rd English server I could have seen the funny side, after all it doesn't make economic sense to run a server for 200 people but you are talking about Glastonbury which is still a very popular server by DAoC standards and it caters for over 5% of the DAoC EU population, Camlann on the other hand caters for 1% and you don't see that many threads asking for that to be changed/deleted.

Well said

/rep :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Talking of population, anyone else notice that the U.S. server numbers are now in freefall? They have lost another 4,000 players since January and are now floating around the 14,000 mark. U.S. got a nice 3,000 player boost when Classic went live over there last summer so I was kind of shocked to see their total player numbers hitting rock bottom. Here is hoping E.U. numbers stay solid as they have for the last year or so.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
what a retarded thing to suggest

maybe we can cluster all our servers with a few underpopulated Saga of Ryzom servers while we are at it

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
LawBringer said:
Excal/Pryd are hardly crammed full with players either - whole population is in decline - add the buff rules to Excal/Pryd and I would go back - but otherwise as a single account owner I will stick to classic - atleast some solo stealther is not uber tank killer on Glast
Excal pop has been rising slowly but steadily for the last few months, new players as well, and Excal alone has had more players than Glastonbury most of the time lately.

E

Eruptix

it didnt die cause the novelty wore off

it died because retard french ppl ruined rvr for anyone who doesnt enjoy zerg rvr...

:twak: FRENCH IN THE HEAD OUI??

RvR on Glastonbury is the same as on cluster, atleast for me with my playstyle but i dont need to have two accounts to compete.
no its not
on cluster ppl respect 8v8 fights,solo fights and we have general less adding ppl
on glaston there is no respect at all and ppl run 3fg on stick in agramon

I dont see that on cluster lately

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Eruptix said:
it didnt die cause the novelty wore off

it died because retard french ppl ruined rvr for anyone who doesnt enjoy zerg rvr...

:twak: FRENCH IN THE HEAD OUI??

no its not
on cluster ppl respect 8v8 fights,solo fights and we have general less adding ppl
on glaston there is no respect at all and ppl run 3fg on stick in agramon

I dont see that on cluster lately
Oh noes, were people actually RvRing?

:p

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Eruptix said:

Things must have changed on Excal lately then :p

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Klonk said:
Things must have changed on Excal lately then :p

There seems to be better karma towards solo/8vs8, but yes, Cluster does have its zergy moments!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom