Glastonbury/Salisbury cluster, who gives it a try?

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Iam curious about the coming cluster and i dont want to give up my Shadowblade for good. So i give him a second chance and reopened my account and did some preperations (thanks for that Mythic respec) The total population will be still abit low but maybe it gives some nice duels instead of zerging. The German language will be abit hard to understand but i have only RvR in mind. I give it a month to try out and keep playing classic on US offcourse. Just curious how Euro classic cluster will do.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Salisbury seems to have roughly 900-1100 people on during primetime , earlier tonight glastonbury had just under 400 on. Id say its definetly worth a try just to see how it pans out , the language might be a problem but after a while youll get used to it probably.
I only played glastonbury up until thid when it was busy and im considering leveling my minstrel soon to try the cluster out :)

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
I REALLY miss my Shadowblade.

I'd love to think it will be rosey like the start of Glastonbury (when it was good), but i'm not so sure it will be any diffierent. The language barrier will still be there (french refusing to/cant speak english), now we have a german interface on top of that.

And ofc if the germans are like the french in that they enjoy pissing everyone off by cutting ports to enemy realms and 4fg zerging everything in sight including stealthers.

Maybe not :)

Disclaimer: I do not mean to generalise that all French zerged on Glastonbury (I have a few french friends myself), but fucking hell 90% of them did and they ruined the server. End of Disclaimer.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I miss my Thane too, never found another class that I enjoyed as much (sure the BladeMaster is fun but the Thane was better, so much more to do in a fight rather than mash some melee styles)

Your right, of course, looking back at Glast through rose tinted glass, the constant language barrier was a pain and now that will be present within the interface too.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Well, the English speaking community is currently running a few fg on Albion. Getting some good RvR even before we've clustered atm so I think it'll be fine. The language thing might make it a bit awkward but tbh most of us have played the game sooo long that we probably don't read anything anyway. And you can muddle through German by picking out keywords if you need to.

On another note, Red Shadows are restarting the alliance we used to have because the leader guild no longer exists. It's pretty much the same guilds so if you have an guild that wants in on Alb send me a PM and I'll sort that out. :)

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
I will deffo play on the Classic Cluster (Will from now on be shorted to CC? ;) )

I have been playing on prydwen the last weeks mostly as a bunch of old mates started to play again... But I tell you this, that when I play my RM, I sooo miss my tic... Damage I do in bouth cases.. but nice to live a bit longer, not to mention that it is itching my fingers to to find that heal button when I see my groupmates geting hit... or to rezz... my sweeeeeth little monssssster rezzz...

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
Ryuno said:
The language barrier will still be there (french refusing to/cant speak english), now we have a german interface on top of that.

[/i]

Germans seem very polite, and they usually are very willing to speak english in /g if you just tell them you dont understand german. Atleast thats my experience with them. Very kind people.

On topic...... I'm already playing Glaston so... :p

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
Personally always got on with german people very well infact some in other games become very good friends over time.

:fluffle:

Everz

FH is my second home
Argyle_Avendale said:
Germans seem very polite, and they usually are very willing to speak english in /g if you just tell them you dont understand german. Atleast thats my experience with them. Very kind people.

:worthy:

wb u gimp ;D

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Esoteric said:
Personally always got on with german people very well infact some in other games become very good friends over time.

:fluffle:

Well I didn't really mean germans in general (who have my <3) but more the general people playing on the german server. The french on Glastonbury (well most of them) seemed fairly aragont, though I did meet some nice people who I still speak to now and then :)

Bad wording by me tbh!

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Rhana said:
I will deffo play on the Classic Cluster (Will from now on be shorted to CC? ;) )

I have been playing on prydwen the last weeks mostly as a bunch of old mates started to play again... But I tell you this, that when I play my RM, I sooo miss my tic... Damage I do in bouth cases.. but nice to live a bit longer, not to mention that it is itching my fingers to to find that heal button when I see my groupmates geting hit... or to rezz... my sweeeeeth little monssssster rezzz...

Getcha butt back on Glast :D

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Argyle_Avendale said:

Just don't mention the war! ;)

On that topic, German people are some of the most friendly people(Hell, I rolled a german server 2 years back and I couldnt speak a word, some people from a random guild invited me and started giving me the German basics as well as talking in English!)

Id have the Germans over the French anyday!

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
do u need to update ur chars atall cuz of new xp packs, talking since cata's.

If so i may muck around on it.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
do u need to update ur chars atall cuz of new xp packs, talking since cata's.

If so i may muck around on it.

I think DR is pretty important for the classic servers to get a decent weapon with toa bonuses. other than that LotM has some very high util items that may help make a template. All depends on how uber you really feel you need to be to compete in RVR.

Im experiencing animation and update latency from US servers and if this cluster happens i may break out my old rr5 dark SM for some fun.

Did somone say its clustering this week?

Maoix

Z

Zerax-Salisbury

Greetings to you from a german Volunteer of Server Salisbury,

I'd like you to know, that we are very happy about your join to our server by a cluster and in my personal opinion I think you are very nice and polite people and I won't have any problems with communication or joining a group or something else.

I hope that you are still interested in DAoC, I know reading Quests/ Trainermessages in german is quite hard but I am sure lots of us will help!

So far, Zerax, Volunteer Midgard.

Your welcome!

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
well, one server ill never go back again... if i decide to reactivate EU ever (not likly atm)

had fun on my lil shammy and warrior was cool too :)

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Will run around from time to time on Oddballl and Glacia, or one of the two, mainly doing Avalon now tho, but still like the Classic servers.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Just made a friar Ichsprechkeindeutch and will see how rvr is and so :)
are there any english guilds that i can join? :x

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Rub said:
Just made a friar Ichsprechkeindeutch and will see how rvr is and so :)
are there any english guilds that i can join? :x

Sure. PM someone in RS if you want.

Everz

FH is my second home
Argyle_Avendale said:
Hiya Evers, how are you? xD

And thanks, been on a break for about 6 months, came back 1st of Dec.

haha all gd here m8

u back on glast then?

NAHKRI

Fledgling Freddie
Phil clean your message box i cant asnwer your pm says u exceeded your message quota:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom