Give "Give friday news" thread

F

Flimgoblin

Where have they gone?

We used to reliably have a "give us the friday news" thread posted every friday morning long before GOA could reasonably have a chance to post the friday news.

But we no longer get these?

Where have they gone!

I demand my dose of BW demanding!

C

Cyradix

ok, I'll give it a try :

Givf newletter ffs!!!!!11 R they lazy at goa or what!!!!

How does that sound? ;)

O

Oddorvard

The news are up.

This week we will mainly talk about the polls, but also of the 1.62 version, the incoming Foundations add-on, a fix for the transparent interface [and no news whatsoever on the oh-ever-so-needed and much anticipated server upgrades].

More or less an exact copy-paste job from the news. I fully expect them to upgrade Excalibur as they apply 1.62.

Have to give them credit for the transparent interface fix, assuming it works of course.

S

snoz

Originally posted by Oddorvard
The news are up.

More or less an exact copy-paste job from the news. I fully expect them to upgrade Excalibur as they apply 1.62.

Have to give them credit for the transparent interface fix, assuming it works of course.

Dont work ... well i cant get it to work :0

A

Athralmall

It does work, kinda - but if you follow their instructions and then fire up DAoC - the patcher still overwrites the changed files and thus it doesn't appear to work.

To get it to work, just fire up DAoC and get to where you enter your account name/password - then follow their instructions, then log in - it should work fine.

At least, it does on mine :great:

S

snoz

Originally posted by Athralmall
It does work, kinda - but if you follow their instructions and then fire up DAoC - the patcher still overwrites the changed files and thus it doesn't appear to work.

To get it to work, just fire up DAoC and get to where you enter your account name/password - then follow their instructions, then log in - it should work fine.

At least, it does on mine :great:

Ye same :) but who wants to do that everytime u log in :)

S

ssera

Originally posted by Aoami
No news about the VAT charges either.

I'm not sure we're affected by the new VAT rules. Afaik they only charge VAT when you connect to a service outside of the EU (eg if you connected to the US servers), but as GOA and the Euro servers are all based within the EU then I don't think we have to pay anything extra. That's how I understand it, may be wrong tho...

S

snoz

Originally posted by ssera
I'm not sure we're affected by the new VAT rules. Afaik they only charge VAT when you connect to a service outside of the EU (eg if you connected to the US servers), but as GOA and the Euro servers are all based within the EU then I don't think we have to pay anything extra. That's how I understand it, may be wrong tho...

I think your right.

E

evilknight

Athtalmall's "setup" worked, but there's no way I'm doing that everytime I log just to get trans. interface.
:great:Good job Mythic

And it's just a temp. fix.....well I guess it'll stay temp. for a VERY long time

A

Athralmall

Aye, it's a pain in the rear having to do it every time you log in - but hey, some people will probably want to do it.

Least until it's fixed "properly" :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom