give DAoC classic server :)

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
wouldnt daoc classic server be a blast?
no artis, no TG stuff, no epic armours, no ML's etc, no SC, no alchemy etc.
just give DF and DG and i'll play there fulltime :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think it would be so much cool as interesting for maybe half an hour or so, for example where do you draw the line that defines the 'classic' world

Should Alb/Mid still have PBAE?
End regen?
Should the SI and TOA classes and races still be playable?
RA's?
What reasons should DF be left in seeing as its only of the chief reasons for the high prices in Midgard when compared to other realms?
Chain stun/mez?
Bolt range sorc mez?

Basically what i'm saying if you need to be a little more specific with your definition of the classic world when you take into consideration that its not just the 'world' changes that are the only source of imbalance and such.

Of course, the biggest problem would be that having this kind of server type would be the same as Mythic saying "We're sorry, we screwed up." which isn't going to happen seeing as they still want to attract new players and make them buy copies of the expansions as well.

It does sound interesting, but when I think about the time i've put into both SI and TOA (not to mention I paid for them to start with) I don't think i'd be so quick to jump ship and play on what would essencially be a downgrade... well I just can't see it happening...

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
i think a pre toa server would be better,

si i could cope with and alch + sc are pretty decent and i dont think they isolated the casual player as much as toa has done

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
well, i pretty much meant the patches we have today without the insanely powerfull items that are available.
back in the days i used a combination of spindelhalla armour/vanern armour and WoW sword, and pretty decent jewelry i picked up here and there...
was a pretty decent template in the end :p
back then when skill counted more than hours spent farming :)

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
If one were to suggest such a server (which would be fun to try, but I'm not sure how much I would play there after the first day of nostalgia) you need to say: ok, on this server, it is patch 1.xx that rules, and we're never going to change that.

You can't just say have a server that is like now, only except xxx +xxx +xxx +xxx etc.. it would just lead to even more bitching about what to include and what to exclude (mid end? etc).

my 2 cents

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
ok, let's say we used the patch DF came, no more no less.
everything new implemented after that is not included except bug fixes.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Let's make a server with savages quading all the time like old times! That would be interesting, everyone playing savage and nothing to kill!! :flame:
Or make one with necros stll blasting through keep walls! :flame:

etc etc :)

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
The reason you remember the earlier patches as balanced is that you didn't know the really fucked up things that went on back then. :p

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
hey ... imho we had 1 balanced patch...

1.65 ? or something .. the patch JUST before toa.... we had it for like 14 days or so ....

it was the patch's where theurg's got better ice pet and the savage got the fix...

i would start playing again if we got that ....

allthough .... tbh ... was a bit boring with the tankalot age.......

B

Ballad

Filip said:
hey ... imho we had 1 balanced patch...

1.65 ? or something .. the patch JUST before toa.... we had it for like 14 days or so ....

it was the patch's where theurg's got better ice pet and the savage got the fix...

i would start playing again if we got that ....

allthough .... tbh ... was a bit boring with the tankalot age.......
Tankalot > Castalot IMHO.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Shitty graphics, little to do, low resists and no sexy Half Ogres?

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
the time when svgs didnt excist, zerkers were op however without endreg, that was pwn ;o

Thanatlos

Fledgling Freddie
It's easy to ask for earlier times. But it is impractical to request this of a small software company.

Want to know why?
My explanation: For there to be 2 versions of daoc they need to keep 2 source trees, one for classic, one for modern version. Whenever they fix a bug in one they need to check if it is in the other too, once it is fixed they probably add a sort of test to make sure it doesn't happen again in the same form (someone else accidentally undoes it without knowing).
This takes a lot of time, something they don't seem to have too much of because people demand changes in patches because people ALWAYS think their characters are lacking.

Next question: But they have special versions for PvP/Coop servers?
No they don't, they have different rulesets for those servers, at specific points in the code they specify a flag check whether the server is pvp or coop or normal. Targeting enemies and other things. Since there's a few clear rule differences between the servers and not a million differences between the current version and a previous version this is not that hard to do.

If it is so easy, why doesn't GOA have a coop server?
Because Mythic asks different licensing fees for different servertypes to make sure they can make money to keep updating the software for different rulesets. And GOA thinks there's not enough incentive for a coop server to attract new customers or keep current customers to warrant extra costs.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Meh... screw Classic, Coop or whatsnot server. Givf whinefree forums instead imho. :eek:

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Teh FnoRd said:
Meh... screw Classic, Coop or whatsnot server. Givf whinefree forums instead imho. :eek:

that has nothing to do with this thread, so take your whine elsewhere idiot!

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Sure i would like it to go back to the first RA patch, when assassins still had IP and PA still did good dmg, that patch or any close patch before that. Without IP i managed to kill 2 lvl 50 pallies and a merc unbuffed. you could PA kill a entire fg of mages, or some patches before when i still was lvl 42 and i still killed lvl 50 tanks if i landed PA. After that every patched that followed have either lowered PA damage or added counters, im lucky if i get a 400dmg pa on a tank these days and that does nothing as the str/con debuff remove 600-700 on a tank.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
that has nothing to do with this thread, so take your whine elsewhere idiot!
haha you teh funneh.
Imo it had everything to do with this thread. :kissit: My oppinion, and I'm entitled.
Btw, does calling me an idiot make you e-penis bigger? :eek:

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Teh FnoRd said:
haha you teh funneh.
Btw, does calling me an idiot make you e-penis bigger? :eek:

lol ok, are you the type of guy that puke out different "leet" sentences you've picked up here and there just to sound cool, but infact are so dimwitted that you can't see wther it's actually a suitable situation to fit all the cool sentences you know?

i think you are ^^

did your e-penis grow when you puked out that cool sentance? :p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Teh FnoRd said:
So you whine about whining...lol.:kissit:

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
lol ok, are you the type of guy that puke out different "leet" sentences you've picked up here and there just to sound cool, but infact are so dimwitted that you can't see wther it's actually a suitable situation to fit all the cool sentences you know?

i think you are ^^

did your e-penis grow when you puked out that cool sentance? :p
I don't aim to "sound cool". well not in the sense that you aim to offend others that don't share your opinion.
I'm fine with beeing a dimwit if the oposite is you. you seem far to "civilized" for my taste...
As you didn't understand my first post I'll clearify it for you: No, I don't think a classic server would be good. I am very sorry for twisting it out of your range of comperhension. :(
And no, I don't have an e-penis.

old.Whoodoo said:
So you whine about whining...lol.:kissit:
Read my sig under my 1st post instead.. :kissit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom