Gold Star Holder!!
Each to their own. Had to turn it off. Song made my skin crawl

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
-5 man points for liking the song
-100 man points for knowing the members of the band by name

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
but chodax is already on such a low manpoint score hes growing boobs, long-hair and a fashion sense.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
erm... The Show a few years back is even better... proper good old fashioned pop music

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Girls Aloud are hot as fuck, Don't like their music though.

And as for knowing their names, personally I don't have any idea who is who, but a lot of my english mates know them all by name too, simply because most of them are so damn hot!

Chronictank

FH is my second home
lol you know its bad when even laddey turns his nose up at it cho :)

not my cup of tea but each to their own

pikeh

Resident Freddy
You know what I like? That Estelle song... 'american boy' I think its called.
It's my guilty pleasure!

Laddey

FH is my second home
You know what I like? That Estelle song... 'american boy' I think its called.
It's my guilty pleasure!
It's not to bad but it makes my fucking skin crawl when she says

"Wagwan Blud"

OMGGGGGGGG

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Ok, probably gonna gat a load of shit for this, but......

I dont have a problem with groups like Girls Aloud, Sugarbabes, Take That, Mcfly and the like, they fill a gap in the charts with catchy throw away pop, and i quite like a lot of it. My proper musical taste is guitar based bands like Oasis, Elbow, U2, Feeder and Snow Patrol, who write there own songs that have a bit more meaning, they dont have a huge single release sales record, but album sales are huge. I know a lot of Freddys are fans of heavier stuff like Metalica and so on. There is a prime example of being hugely succesfull without denting the singles chart due to album and tour sales

So back to the cheesy pop, most of the people who buy thier albums probably dont listen to anything but the singles on the CD, thats fine cos they're probably just fillers anyway, but they single sales are huge, basically because they are catchy and appeal to a wider audience

The thing that does bug me is that most of these boy and girl groups have their songs written by the same core group of writers and producers, but it depends on who records them as to how succesful they become

Take a huge song by Kylie like 'cant get you out of my head', it was massive, but give that song to her sister to record and it would have bombed. And it would have been down to the snobbery of the radio stations who playlist it

This is random i know, but a few years ago Bananrama (remember them) released a single as a sort of comeback, and it wasn't all that bad, what you would expect, cheesy throw away pop, but it bombed all the same, cos no one played it. But it was written by the same people who write for Kylie and Brittney. My point is, if that same song had been given to the later artists, it would have been a massive hit, because its Kylie or Brittney, and it would have been played to death

Sorry, i'm on my 3rd JD and coke, so i have gone off on a bit of a tangent

Nadine fom GA is my fav, i love her Irish accent.....Fworr !!!!

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Generally I like Girls Aloud etc. - I do get pissed off with music snobs who judge others for their tastes.

However, I actually consider this the worst song they've ever released, I suppose the stoccato chorus is a love/hate thing in terms of catchiness. For me it's hate, but I can see why people like it.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
The new GA song's chorus does sound a bit like the Blankety Blank theme tune

At the end of the day, if i like a song, i dont care who its by, music is music at the end of the day regardless who performs it

Unless its by Celine Dion, but that goes without saying.....!!!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Chod likes the song because he can fap over so many of the singers!

True Story!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom