gimp no. 1

A

Arakasi01

tihi, respecced my saracen minstrel to slash today.
Am i one of a kind now or is there some other slash saracen minstrels? :)
If anyone wonders i was starting to get sick of the thrust styles.

N

Naveh

I was slash, It is descent, just not exactly the best Minstrel Race, tho I never had problems, Saracen defense is a bit better, I evade twice as much as those fatty highlanders and getting ra's like dodger can make things intresting. (I eventually got Dodger4 which gave me 22% Evade, not to mention I had 360dex/280qui with purp buffs) :)

Besides, best choice imo, remains Briton, best balance, highlanders are just damage whores. :(

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by Naveh
I was slash, It is descent, just not exactly the best Minstrel Race, tho I never had problems, Saracen defense is a bit better, I evade twice as much as those fatty highlanders and getting ra's like dodger can make things intresting. (I eventually got Dodger4 which gave me 22% Evade, not to mention I had 360dex/280qui with purp buffs) :)

Besides, best choice imo, remains Briton, best balance, highlanders are just damage whores. :(

It's more than 22% with that much dex/qui naveh wouldn't surprise me if it was around 30% xD

K

kalgarn

still doing your best to gimp yourself so you can whine eh ara? :D

O

old.Hardbein

Originally posted by Arakasi01
tihi, respecced my saracen minstrel to slash today.
Am i one of a kind now or is there some other slash saracen minstrels? :)
If anyone wonders i was starting to get sick of the thrust styles.

Such fotm imo :p

/wave
/hug

A

Arakasi01

hehe, i actually thought that it cant be much difference really from a briton that has 10 more strength, and the defense will be much better on saracen.

oh and damn you Kalgarn, you saw right through me, what my real intentions were! ;(

O

old.mattshanes

You only missing 16 weaponskill compared to brit...

H

hangianix

Bah, I thought someone opened an abusive thread about Matt and I came to defend him. :p

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by hangianix
Bah, I thought someone opened an abusive thread about Matt and I came to defend him. :p

Nah if it contained LOL! in the thread title it would be me xD

H

hangianix

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Nah if it contained LOL! in the thread title it would be me xD
/hug
You helped my theu so I wont abuse you. :) Not as if I've ever done that :)

C

carp-

Its not gimped just dont get debuffed by an assason or itll be like fighting him with unbuffed wepskill evade evade evade evade evade :p i have 1429 ws with lvl 47 buffs.

/highlanderdamagewhore

A

Arakasi01

Had some time to test this now.

All i got to say slash styles are like at least 100 times better than thrust ones for minstrel, no defense penalty or bleed crap anytime styles (anyone saying dragonfang FO, its minstrels we talking about).

So words to anyone thinking of thrust minstrel, dont :p

/happy

(oh and a side note, evade 3x more now during fights)

saracen 4tehwin

oh btw, im also very very bored while writing this.

O

old.mattshanes

Arakasi race doesn't really matter anymore, i mean my merc has 23 less weaponskill compared to a saracen same realm rank.But slash is good for a mins especially if you solo a lot, they aren't really made to be pure damage dealers so doesn't matter much really though classes with 2 speclines(arms/merc), thrust is viable for them due to having the other choice of styles that are superior to thrust.

O

old.Morchaoron

slash is better for solo and easier in general, since you only have 1 real usable style (Amethyst Slash, unless you also get the back style but most minstrels dont have that one)
its very reliable...

however for the more advanced minstrel who doesnt solo i guess thrust would be a better choice, since mainly your job is running after support (which usually has chain, and hibs are neutral to thrust), and thrust has just the style for that (Pierce), also Sting is not bad for a anytime...

race doesnt really matter that much neither does the defense of your class (for groups) since they usually dont go after the minstrel first anyway (and if they do thats one big mistake cuz its the least important support class in the group, and smart minstrels use sos BEFORE they die :p )

O

old.Morchaoron

according to the damage growth tables, pierce deals more damage then ame slash, and since all mid support classes have chain this better aswell since they are weak vs thrust (and strong vs slash), however ame slash deals slightly more damage then sting, but the damage should still be better when hitting the weak armor types...

Users who are viewing this thread