Ghosts

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
So what happened to the people on the forums being haunted? Can we have some updates please?

Ooh and chuck in some anecdotes about "my aunt saw a ghost once..." etc etc. :)

Thank you!

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Interestingly enough there were reports in stoke, of children in their beds seeing the ghost of a naked man appearing in their rooms in the small hours of the morning.

IT DEFINITELY WASN'T TREM.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
WPKenny said:
So what happened to the people on the forums being haunted? Can we have some updates please?

Thank you!
You rang

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
There are a few things I could describe you as, and a ghost isn't one of them ;)

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone caught 'propping up' bedsheets in the dark and proceeding to wiggle them about will be beaten, severely.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Our house is still Haunted. We keep getting a strong smell of paint in the front room when we are sat there at night. This is followed by a drop in temperature.

Was gettign ready for work about two weeks ago and a rather large candle decided to jump off the TV and landed near my feet. Wasn't like just falling off. It went a good 2 foot before landing near me.

Usually creeks and footsteps at night and stuff being moved around. MOst Haunted at Chez Ash it is

Chilly

Balls of steel
Maybe the paint+temp drop is a draft coming through a little hole somewhere that is full of ancient paint or whatever that has not dried, so whenever a gust goes through, it cools down living room and smellies up the place?

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Possible.

Just seems to go a lot colder than a draught.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Maybe it gets cold because you believe it gets cold?

I'm a hardcore skeptic, you have to have proper proof to convince me of anything. :)

Sar

Part of the furniture
I lived in a haunted house when I was about 3/4. Scared the shit out of my parents, but I can't remember anything of what happened (things flying about the living room, things moving on their own etc), other than what my parents have told me.

My mum's a medium (I'm a large, pfnar!), so I blame her 100%.

;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
babs said:
Interestingly enough there were reports in stoke, of children in their beds seeing the ghost of a naked man appearing in their rooms in the small hours of the morning.

Fucking LOL.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Something bad said............something not good about Trem..........must...........find......out........................

......*nakedly haunts babs*

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
babs said:

hahaha

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
My Dad claims to have tried self hypnosis years ago. This was in an old cottage situated in a market garden. The cottage was several hundred years old. He reckons that he saw a man standing in the corner of the room wearing a tri cornered hat.

Me Im a sceptic and think it was a delusion. Still he thinks its for real.

My Sister once scared the crap out herself and friends messing about with a ougie board. She said there were death threats and lots of personal stuff coming out about them etc. Again kids eh.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Albeit i was sobering up from a barnight(not too much to drink), i got a good scare, probably because of my imagination runnig wild. Door outside the apartment went bang, like doors go, and something ruffled in the bushes before someone yelled to get inside.

At afterthough it was probably the neighbor letting the dog out for a wiz and calling IT back inside, but freaked me out 100% :p

Whipped

Part of the furniture
The night my gran died my mum swears she woke up and saw her standing next to her and telling her that she loved her. Next day she got a phone call to say she'd died (Christmas Day).

She'd been ill for a few weeks though so I think it was just a dream and just coincidence.

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Very Similair to the previous post, my wife will swear blind that her Grandfather said goodbye to her the night he died.
My father was either hallucinating (on morphine intraveinously and some fairly heavy duty painkillers on top) or he was speaking to his mum and dad, for 4 or 5 days before he died, and on the morning he died, none of the four of us, mum two sisters and myself, left or went to bed even though we all sort of made like we were going to at some point. Ghosts or premonitions I am not sure, but something kept us there and awake till he died in the early hours.

later

Gengee

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
similarly to the two above, my mum swears she saw her dad look into my brothers cot, hours/days after she gave birth to him. impossible since he was in mauritius and she was in london, but the next day she got a call saying he'd died.

Athan

Resident Freddy
WPKenny said:

Thank you!

Damini getting lazy in her research for the next book :p ?

-Ath

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
When my grandfather died, we had the task of clearing the house and moving my grandmother to an old folks home.

Whilst moving the furniture out of the flat, i walked into the living room, turning towards what was my granfathers chair. I could already smell fresh cigarettes (he died of lung cancer), and as i turned i noticed a tiny amount of smoke in the air. I looked at his chair and shockingly, i saw him sat in the chair smoking his favorite brand of ciggys smiling at me.

I had tears in my eyes, but managed a smile. he didn't say anything, but i could hear 'She'll be fine, ill be ok, she'll see me soon' - referring to my grandmother and himself.

I then turned to call my parents into the room and when i turned back he had gone....

A year later my grandmother died, and during the funeral i asked if i could stand up and say one sentence..

All i said was ' There you go Grandad, she's with you again'. I felt a shiver then a complete fulfillment the moment i had said it.

rynnor

Rockhound
pcg79 said:
similarly to the two above, my mum swears she saw her dad look into my brothers cot, hours/days after she gave birth to him. impossible since he was in mauritius and she was in london, but the next day she got a call saying he'd died.

Its a surprisingly common occurence that loved ones have a sighting when someone dies - maybe theres something to telepathy after all...

I dont believe in ghosts so I go for the idea that the person was thinking very hard about the people they were leaving behind before they died and that somehow the loved one 'sensed' this.

I would further suggest that it was the relatives own mind that shaped this sense of the dying person into a sighting of them - this would be most likely if the loved one saw the person the way they generally remember them.

All supposition but it would be interesting to know if the sightings were of the person as they remembered them?

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
rynnor said:
I would further suggest that it was the relatives own mind that shaped this sense of the dying person into a sighting of them - this would be most likely if the loved one saw the person the way they generally remember them.

All supposition but it would be interesting to know if the sightings were of the person as they remembered them?

I remember seeing my grandfather happy, smiling, sitting in his chair. So i guess the image is how i remember him. I can't remember exactly what he was wearing, but he certainly didn't look ill.

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
rynnor said:

or maybe as teh person wanted to be seen ? (a la matrix)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom