Gfx

G

gwari

Any 1337 hardware peeps around i hope :p

getting some strange probs last 2-3 days with daoc, mainly system crashes. Goes from image, to blackscreen, then image again, 15 seconds later stall. This is with Catalyst 3.7 driver also, problems started while i used Omega drivers without a prob for 2+ weeks.

im still able to login, and system seems to run fine not ingame. Some peeps online suggested maybe Powersupply might not be sufficient.

im running xp 3200 btw with 512 mb ram and radeon 9800 nonpro.

G

gwari

hmz it started in the beginning with some audible" click" noise, after which 15 secs later the game stalled. I was already wondering if it could be a fan perhaps. The fan off gfx card seems to run fine tho...

today the crashes mostly dont get accompanied by a "click"

T

tripitaka

Is it just DAOC - or have u tried it with other games that run intense graphics ?

Just wondering if it's a DAOC / grpahics related , or Any high texture/res/dx8+ / graphics related.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Sounds similar to what I had. I'd log in, be able to play for a few minutes then some kind of crash would occur. It would either be a blue screen, complete freeze or screen would go black. The problem turned out to be the power supply. Upped it, problem sorted.

I found that a number of USB devices I'd added to the system had increased the power draw to the point that when the graphics card kicked in to do its big stuff it tipped the system over. Few quid for a new power supply and a few minutes to fit it. Runs sweet now :)

E

Esoteric

Also download the latest .10 drivers my fps in other games was far far better.

Users who are viewing this thread