Gfx settings bug

L

lissandra

I cant get rid of the reflective water and shadows in daoc, well, I log into the game, see i have shadows and water turned on, i relog and turn off the water and shadows in the options screen and log back in. Next time i start daoc the reflective water and shadows are back tho. Anyone know what to do about it?

T

Thorgald

Well.. im no expert on those things but to me it looks like the file that saves those settings are read-only. I.E the client cant really save the changes.

but im prolly wrong but could be worth having a look at :)

L

lissandra

i posted this problem to rightnow on saturday but havent got answer yet :/

O

old.logun

i also had this problem, and posted on rightnever. never got a fix for it.

although now the effects are back to normal. about 1 1/2 weeks after my mail to rightnever my settings where just reset. havent dared change em since incase it wont go back again.

i even tried uninstall and reinstalling the game to fix it, seems its server side so you knacked till they sort it.

S

sugah

since 1.62 came along i've been having troubles with water aswell. The rocks and plants under the water are showing up on top of the water which is annoying.

S

ssera

I had a few graphics problems with the game so I logged onto the patch server and told it to perform a complete file check. It did and found some corrupted graphics files which it fixed. Worked fine ever since.

It still let me log in before (probably because it just checks if you have the file, not if they're the right size when you log onto the patcher without the "Perform Complete File Check" option.)

Hope that helps...

Users who are viewing this thread