GFX bug

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Lately I've been getting strange gfx bugs, totally occuring at random. Before it happens, my fps usually drop (but not always) followed by the gfx bug. The only thing I can see then are character models, all world textures are black or messed up. It pretty much looks like a Picasso when it happens ;s. My brother who has exactly the same gfx card/mobo as me, does not have this problem. I've already tried different drivers, bios flash and update, ... but nothing seems to fix it. I get this problem with any client, TOA or catacombs, doesn't matter. A relog fixes it, however sometimes when I try to alt+tab out of the game to ctrl-alt-del and close it, my windows (xp) is in 640*480 res with 4bit colors and working very very slow, so I have to reboot pc completely. It happens about once a day at least.

To see if it's not a hardware problem I ran 3dmark05 as a stresstest, which works fine. I don't play any other games on pc atm, but since I don't have the problem with 3dmark05 I don't think I would have em with other ones.

If it's not hardware related a format would fix it, and it would be about time for me to do one since it's been ages but I don't feel like it :D

My pc specs in case anyone has the same probs with the same hardware:

Geforce 6800GT (not overclocked and not overheating as far as I know)
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (no oc either)
1024 MB DDR RAM
Asus A8V Deluxe
PSU AOpen 350W
2 maxtor hdds (60 gig & 120gig)
1 Western Digital (250gig)

Any help appreciated

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Used to happen at LAN centre I used to play daoc from

If you alt+tab out then back in again, that should clear it up

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Thadius said:
Used to happen at LAN centre I used to play daoc from

If you alt+tab out then back in again, that should clear it up

sometimes it does, but only for about 2-3 sec, after that another alt+tab eventually won't clear it up :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom