getting your screenshots onto the comp? (WoW)

Jerbear

Fledgling Freddie
hey guys. i was wounderin what button u push to take a screen shot on WoW and after you take it how do ya get it from you game to the comp? when ya take it does it send it to a temp. storage on your comp somewhere or do u have to do something to get it from the game to your comp? and if ya already havent figured it out in a newb to the game just stared a few days ago and im just tryign to get as much info as i can on the game and how to do stuff thanx guys for all the info! :touch:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Korax said:
printscreen ^^

I'm sure that's very helpful and well meant, but how about answering the other parts... for example when you hit printscreen where (by default) are the files created and what format are they in/which apps can be used to view them?

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
well i dunno about WoW and if there is a 'screenshot' utility as there is in other FPS games a la Quake / UT etc...

But if you press print screen then the image is stored on the 'Clipboard' and can be 'pasted' into most Graphics packages i.e. Paint, Paintshop Pro, Photoshop etc. etc.

iirc it will be in bitmap format.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Look in u wow folder SS are stored in a folder with the surprising name of

SREENSHOTS iam a geninious :eek6:

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
but Zapsi does Printscreen put the images in the 'screenshots' folder or is it a 'bound' key like f12 for e.g.

Just asking cause i don't play the game

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
Pressing PrtScrn creates a .tga screenshot in the screenshot folder.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Gat_Decor said:
but Zapsi does Printscreen put the images in the 'screenshots' folder or is it a 'bound' key like f12 for e.g.

Just asking cause i don't play the game
Is bound to where it says print screen on u keybord, if u can change it dunno not tried its fine where it is.
But to make it all easy open game with gamecam then u get jpg ss and can record when ever u like :cheers: and bind they key where ever u like.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
as said printscreen is the key the folder is \world of warcraft\screenshots\
you can make your UI(the bars, map, etc) disappear with alt+z
and the files are *.tga files.

To view them can be done with photoshop (but that aint free) with irfanview (www.irfanview.com), which is free and with alot of other programs which I dont remember anymore. Most of these programs can probably also convert your tga's to jpg's aswell (irfan and photoshop can atleast).

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Jupitus said:
I'm sure that's very helpful and well meant, but how about answering the other parts... for example when you hit printscreen where (by default) are the files created and what format are they in/which apps can be used to view them?
http://www.blizzard.com/support/wow/?id=aww01658p (has information for Mac users as well)

(hint for people with basic questions: http://www.blizzard.com/support/wow/
Use the search function at the top-right corner, should answer most similar questions.)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Lots of :fluffle: for better posting in the WoW area!!! That's much more like it :)

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
/me wonders if j00p is gonna change his avatar, or is he just being really early for next Christmas :p

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
*goes avatar hunting*

Edit: Bet you wish Gat had kept his mouth shut ;)

Edit2: Son is better looking than me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom