Getting Q2 to work in win2k

O

old.xorsighs

Hi all,
I guess that this question has been asked a dozen or more times but not by me and so i don't know the answer....:p
Here goes..........how the hell do i get Q2 to install into win2k......every time i try the setup prog reports that it cannot be installed onto this m/c because it is in the wrong language/country settings...........it is a UK copy of quake 2 and a UK setup of win2k, so where does the conflict come in:confused:
any help would be wonderful:D :D ....
thanks
xorsighs

O

old.$pa^rky!

ur settings for time and things like that are on America or a different country other than the uk.

if u go into control panel and change the time back to UK gmt time then u can install quake 2

M

Manic Miner

copy the q2 folder direct from the cd onto your HDD. there's no need to use the installation process.

alternately go into regional options and ensure it's set to UK and more importantly that the default is set to UK. this used to work under NT4, not sure about win2k.

regards,
manic miner

O

old.xorsighs

Q2 under win2k

thanks for the quick responses......i will be trying again right after clicking "submit reply" at the bottom of this page:D

M

MYstIC G

nice one Orion m8, been looking for summin similar for a while now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom