Getting on US servers ....

Annomander

Fledgling Freddie
Hiya,

I have just downloaded the free trial and am quite liking the game but there seems to be no one about!! Finally managed to speak to another player and they suggested that I try the US servers. Anyone have any pointers as to how I do this as it only seems to be German/French servers that are available. :confused:

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm seems like you have the EU version of the game, if you are looking for a US trial try here Dark Age of Camelot

GL

(ps try the classic server if you are new player)

Mirianna

Regular Freddie
<--- was the person you spoke to on Dyvet :p

Rather than re-downloading, patch to US by changing the update.dat file to the following:

From-

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/darkness/mpatch.dat

to-

Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/darkness/mpatch.dat

Enjoy!

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
lal i sucks i cant even find a register thingy on US herald:p

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
id say dont go us servers if ur after 8v8 action, for some casual solo/small grps i think US is a safe bet, alot of grps are getting ready for the incoming german super cluster so the 8v8 action will be great i think:)

B

breelog

The US servers fit to what ever you want to play.
Devon cluster has 10 servers .
classic has 3.
also a care bear server ;) you can play on any realm with any toon .
Lots of EU players are moving to the US, as for me I moved when the classic servers went to German .

Also its mostly English speaking :D

Moonraker

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
The US servers fit to what ever you want to play.
Devon cluster has 10 servers .
classic has 3.
also a care bear server ;) you can play on any realm with any toon .
Lots of EU players are moving to the US, as for me I moved when the classic servers went to German .

Also its mostly English speaking :D

Moonraker

So there are ppl running proper 8v8 action? Not what ive been told by the numerous ppl ive talked to, atleast not on EU times.

As i said it depends on what u want. Rolling solo? go US. Rolling set grp? go german.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
So there are ppl running proper 8v8 action? Not what ive been told by the numerous ppl ive talked to, atleast not on EU times.

As i said it depends on what u want. Rolling solo? go US. Rolling set grp? go german.

The German servers are better if you want competitive 8v8 action on EU times.

I think it is safe to assume that the opening poster is reasonably new and a more casual player and that competitive 8v8 action is probably not the first thing he is looking for. In which case US servers all the way.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
The German servers are better if you want competitive 8v8 action on EU times.

I think it is safe to assume that the opening poster is reasonably new and a more casual player and that competitive 8v8 action is probably not the first thing he is looking for. In which case US servers all the way.

If its that anomander i dont think he is new and played with some of the better 8v8 grps on UK cluster and maybe in the Noctune avalon grp:)

Toel

Loyal Freddie
<--- was the person you spoke to on Dyvet :p

Rather than re-downloading, patch to US by changing the update.dat file to the following:

From-

Mythic Patch

to-

Mythic Patch

Enjoy!

Silly question, but I just did what you said and I'm currently downloading 523mbits - however where do I register to a new account? Or can I just use my original one, which I've been playing the EU version with for about 5years or so. :)

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Yeah, was easier than I had though, thanks a bunch though. Anyways, I've noticed my latency a tad high, compared to what I used to have on the EU servers, it's understandable, but would there be a way to perhaps lower it a little? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom