Getting kicked to desktop

G

Gray-CF

ok just d/l a 900k patch when i connected - now get kicked to desktop with a few seconds - 1 minute max :(

spoke to a few others in irc and they have the same problem.

Many others got it?

A

Addlcove

2 people here

myself and my roomie

roomie wrote rightnow for us

O

old.Morchaoron

me too!!
what the hell is this???
got kicked twice in 2 minutes!! I'm gonna try again....
what is that patch good for anyway?

M

Mr TNT

yea me to know some other with same problem keep us updated with that rightnow post ;o plz

A

amazingsteve

same here, also filed a Right now report

G

Generic Poster

Same here. I'm going out to buy Total War, gl guys ;)

M

Myshra

same problem:

Freeserve UK, 56K modem. never ever had a problem like this.

J

Jupitus

OK Guys - Kemor says they are looking at the problem, but to help them they want as much information as possible, so everyone having this issue should post a report on RightNow...

When doing so please try to include as much system information as possible, for example the operating system you use, the hardware specification, and versions of DirectX drivers, video drivers also if you can... the more detail given, the more chance they have of saying 'ahhh look - it seems to be Nvidia version x.xx!', for example....

Get posting on RightNow....

Jup.

R

raven3

Its pretty simple...

I tested it and its as follows :

When you send someone a personal message (someone who downloaded the patch that is) he is going straight to the desktop.
Also 2 people who downloaded the same patch, will get kicked (the person who receives the pm that is)...

Do you guys have the latest nvidia drivers? (the beta 40.xx ones)? ... If yes, could be that the prob is there about...

O

old.rauthian

well i for one do not have that info no idea about whats in a pc all i do no is 17 shut downs in 9 mins after the patch thought all patches supose to be tested for problems why the hell put a patch out with out informing ppl.
and its simple remove the patch till thay sort it out we pay for this game to play it not get kicked out every 1 min

O

old.Darkomen

Having same probs here...hopefully this is solved soon

G

Glottis_Xanadu

I'm using Nvidia drivers, but 30.xx I believe, not 40.xx
But it is indeed when you get a pm... only way, go /anon and pray no-one pm's you.
Regards, Glottis

K

kemor

www.camelot-europe.com

Game.dll problems
[2002-17-09]

We are aware of a problem with the game.dll file downloaded this afternoon and are working on a fix. There is a little problem in this file, making you crash as soon as you receive a /send.
You should see another "fixed" file coming on a patch server near you in the coming minutes.
Sorry for the inconveniences.

L

lairiodd

<posts made while I was typing this made it irrelevant> :)

J

Jupitus

... let's praise them for their speed after it is confirmed as working :)

<crosses fingers>

:)

C

-Calvin-

Grrr crashing on login now.

This program has performed an etc.....

I

inqy

well I've just downloaded it and it's done exactly what has been mentioned above. so not very fixed.

K

kemor

New game.dll is up now, should fix crashing problems. Be sure to reboot your computer to get a fresh start :)

Sorry for the trouble.

T

Tilda

ok was crashing after the silly patch, just downloaded a nice new patch and guess what??

It works

Nice one GOA, now if thats not a fast fix i dont know what is

Still.... shouldnt happened in the first place..

Tilda

lvl 44+ Cabalist Albi Exac

G

Generic Poster

bah, and I just went out and bought Total War.

I'll get you GOA, I'll get yoooooooou!

L

lairiodd

seems they put the old one up ... as someone who logged in when the new patch was in said there was no patch

M

~Mobius~

hehe i pm a friend who lives up the road in game and he gets chucked to desktop....its hilarious he is getting really really mad.
why did they have to patch it :(

Users who are viewing this thread