Get a beer and have a sit....

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
"As i walked down the path of mystery i got the feeling that a shadow was near me... next to me... behind me...
was it someone ?
or was my imagination... never figured out..
The only thing im sure was that someone or something was there..
Maybe he didnt want to reveal his face or his presence... or maybe he didnt have a physical apearance after all.... "

As we all know - Hibernia aint the same realm it used to be and theres no chance returning back like it was some years ago.. Various reasons have made our realm to change completetly...

- New expansions : More interest for the new stuff, passion to conquere everything and become even stronger.

- New players every day : New ideas and beliefs, new strategies and crazy actions , some of em wrong and some right.

Conclusion
The friendly spirit btw us ( and im saying this cause i also forgot my good self mostly on whatever i do ) have gone for good.. People play the game these days to prove they are better than someone else. We farm every day getting everything, selling everything and we get our satisfaction from doing so...Even look my sig.. and most sigs here in FH.. we all write our alts,abilities,rr and all these bull just to show off our skills and make other people feel lower than us,"respect us" and even /beg at us before we givf a hand when they need our help...
I started playing hib /exc 2.5 years ago and i can say one thing for sure.. theres no way u can meet a guy in domnan asking him for 10 s to be able to port and he will givf em for free.. U will prolly get something like:go farm or go kill mobs or get lost ... name it..
I wont accuse someone since im doing this also..
Is there a chance to go stand by in gov encounter and if some peeps come to farm it.. they will givf it for free to that guy which he was standing there who knows how long ? The poor guy didnt have the needed classes or friends to do it.. poor him... how sad...
None says u need to givf it for free.. u earned it so have fun using it or selling it..
Wheres the fun when u organize an ML Raid and u have 100 peeps with you..? when the only thing u do is just spam some already macros u have from previous raids what to do and not to do... so basically u farming aswell.. pressing 1-2 buttons each player...

And the last but not least.. RvR... uhho.. Best feature of the game.. wow!! interaction with other players they say.... kill with skill some others... or plain strategy most others...

All this are full of crap and bull.. and endless thing with no real reward...
The only thing u get doing any of those features in the game is a chance to write or press a macro button the word : LOL..

Is this why we play the game? to be able or not to write the word "lol? or do we play the game to be rich and sell money or accounts in Ebay.com ( some does it ) ?
Or we play the game to spam /laugh /rude /slit on our enemies?

I dont think so!

Id say we play to have fun!!! to be able to kill and get killed instead of only kill and /laugh spammed if we get killed...

Fun?

Weird word huh? Can we reliase it? Some of us maybe and some not.. Maybe its because im from Greece and we love to have fun and chill out ( especially during the summer season :p )

But im sure all of us wanna log in the game w/o having the thoughts : OMG what i'll do now?? i cant get a group to do ml3 preq... WTF they stole gov from me... or.. hmm they saw me dead outside crau and even if they were 10 druids there none rezzed me?? WTF? QQ /email goa whine...

Nope.. this isnt what we looking for in this game or at least i aint..

So ill just say my opinion as a normal player who really respects our realm or at least what i think :)

Givf a hug if u see someone outside Domnan at his lv 1 char killing turrets... Say a hi and givf him even 1c..Its nothing if u take it in gold ammount and every little or big character can givf it.. BUT its not that honestly.. U givf the feeling that this guy aint alone in this world/game..
Im sure he will respect your action and even if he dont do anything or reply back.. im sure he will remember that for long time... and who knows maybe when he dings 50 and he sees u back he will pm you saying : thank you for the copper u gave me long time ago.. :)

Take a lv 49 druid in your group when u going out in the frontier.. I know im asking much especially from the good or l33t guilds but honestly its nothing... givf / spread the feeling on your realmates that theres other things to do besides whine and cry for everything...

If u got the time to spare - log your uber toaded rr20 farm char and go help 10 guys which trying to kill moughart and u see their deathspam ... U wont regret it for sure...
After all u dont help in order to get helped in the future.. U help cause u feel it and like it.. cause the guys u helped there some other time might help you or send you a smile or a hi.. Thats a big relief.. and a big sign of respect.. and i really bow on players that do so...

Unfortinely they are v few left in our realm but that doesnt mean we cant do nothing or try to be more respectable and helpfull to whoever needs it..
Im sure some oldies understand what im talking .. ( right toby,jokke,fist etc etc.. )

I dont care how this post will ring in your ears but its a truth in my eyes and a reason who took me for some time away from the game which i spend my last game years on it... I really dont need anything and im not writing all these comments to play it smart.. im just saying all these stuff to remind some peeps what we doing here and what we have to do in the future in order to see the game get improved, be better and more enjoyable for every player and not for 5% of the realm...

Ive seen and played many games in the past.. and im sure most of you have played aswell.. This problem we encounter here is almost what killed previous good games... and in order to see it keep going on.. we have to get better and even better.. or at least givf a try..

After all the thing that matters is what we do with the time that has been given to us.. right?

Hope my thoughts arent made for nothing -
Try to change the way u react and asnwer in the game in a 0.5% . If we all do that then the result will be terrific and well respected....

Best regards and wishes
for a better future in the game we pay for and log on to have fun , kill and get killed..

A fellow hib...

/bow

Mck

PS: Had to end the post cause gf was ready to backstab me xD

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
I agree to alot you have written Mc. I still have fun in the game though, but its a nother kind of fun then from what we(the ones that played long) experienced in past. I think the difference for me...except that everything isnt as satisfying cause it aint new anymore, is that nowadays i dont meet any new friends or spend so much time leveling with others non guildies. Which in a way is fine cause i like the guild very much and have many great friends there, but ofc sometimes like in past it would have been cool to have a fun rvr night with people and discover a new friend that u had a laugh with and started to salut whenever u met him etc. There have been some new people inc from alb/mid/other servers etc that i found myself grouping up with as bainshee. That gave some satisfaction:)
And one thing thats quite funny is that you find urself grouping with people knew from long ago but since they play vamps/bains you get to know them all over again since you have no clue its them:p
Other then that...we have a great time most evening/days/nights playing together in guild...fun rvr...great chats on ts and some amazing hunts together. And we all try to help out when someone needs something, but as you mentioned Mc people dont really need anything as much as they did in beginning. So giving a guy you who you dont know a hand i surely will do..but it might feel a bit different when you helped him with gov and you next day stroll around housing happening on to his house....and you see his durn cm is clottered with govs/povs/tjoffs and what have not. Then you think that you rather would have spend that time helping someone you know instead:p
But well written Mc...think the ones that at least cares about helping out etc can make an effort and make the realm a little cosier for all of us:)
over and out...

cuddled0rf

Fledgling Freddie
Nice post :) Altho i already give money to ppl in domnan alot of it was true :)

/em polishes his halo

Exarkun

Fledgling Freddie
well said Mckennit :worthy: :worthy:

But i think we can blame Toa for this.
in the old days you could have a good template with 80% quest items and a few crafted items. If you really wanted to be uber in those days you did like 20 Galladoria raid to finally get you almight item of X. Not that the item was 'that' much better, but it was something more special.
Now with toa, if you really want a good template for rvr, you basically need these (too easy to farm) artifacts. For the casual player this is a major setback, cause first the encounter has to be up, then not camped by a dozen other ppl that are just there to farm it (and sell it).
With SI there was more challenge of getting a good item. You just didnt walk to the almighty boss mob and kill it. You had a whole dungeon to go through. Now you just go to the spawn loc of the arti mob, no fear of getting killed by nearby aggro. wait till it pops, kill it.

The real powergamers dont need any other players anymore, they just farm everything on their own, with their bot army.

:(

Panzer

Fledgling Freddie
There are a lot of nice players in doac that do exacty what you describe - unfortunately FH gives the wrong impression of doac in general, cos its full of whingers and whiners - in fact i would guess the majority of doac players havnt even heard of FH.

Its the (highly) visible few that harm the reputation of the many unfortunately.

M

Maelgrym

I have to agree with everything you have said mate, and it seems the blame really lies with TOA expansion which i have to edmit i really hate. TOA is the bane of casual players such as myself who gets to play 1 or 2 mornings a week before wife wakes up, But i haven't given up and will still play only beause i have made soo many friends i just hate to let them go :cheers:

but i like to thank goa for :sex: us with giving us TOA

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
I didnt even knew Panzer u were registered in this forum but still posted all these.. Cause my point aint to inform whole hib since its impossible to do so.. ( time , work , kids , rl stuff etc etc ) but at least the "head" people of our realm.. most of em well known cause allot of new folks depending on them... Which guy will see a lv1 starter in domnan more often? one that plays 2 days per week or one that players 5-6 hours per day? Im sure u agree, it will be the 2nd guy.. and thats my point.. to let know or remind those peeps to try and givf a try and why not a very small change onhow they reacting on rest folks...ofc im not refering to you panzer or anyone here im speaking 100% general..

And if u count the total members on our hib excal forum u will discover that the number is double than our current population in our realm.. I didnt said all will see it but at least a good number will have the opportunity to check it out and add 2 tokens of advice aswell and make our realm better..

Now on the other hand - concerning TOA expansion, i kinda think the same around as most peeps with the only difrience that i dont think it wasnt good expansion... just some set rules are wrong and well unballanced.. The problem aint that u have to wait for the artifact to spawn again after 7 hours for example.. but the chance for every player to refarm it endless times... thats something which shouldnt be able to happen cause thats the main idea of getting farmed every day by the same numbers of peeps...

So heres an example :

Every character in game should have a number ( lets say 50 ) of credits in his data.. each credit corresponds to a specific artifact encounter.. When u do the enc u lose the right to do it again... Now how can u avoid that thing even if u dont have the right... hmm they could create v small instances or caves or doors for EVERY Artifact which will only givf access to people who havent done this in the past.. That way they prevent countless abuse of the same artifact and ofc whine posts / reports etc etc will stop at once.. simple as that if u ask me ..

Results would be just amazing... more artifacts for people that wants it , more interest in rvr since more peeps will have their templates done and finally more fun getting them :)

Cheers

/salute

Mck

Panzer

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah im here .. my post above hints at why i dont post often ;)

Anyway to your reply, fair enough i get where your coming from now :cheers:

statued

Loyal Freddie
tbh mck what your trying to say is true and some smart ass is prolly gonna make some flame reply objecting people are not like this and hibernia is still as it used to be but they should wake up and realise whats going on

The game will come to an end if it continues the way its going(not saying it wont at some stage)

and ebeanzer is very true what he says about people and there template,,,
everyone has to admit that 99 percent of rvr grps are made by 2 things

1. do i know how this player is in rvr
2. most importantly .. omg look at him hes a ''rogmaster'' he doesnt even seem to know what toa is, why im not gonna inv to our rvr group..this guy on the other hand has gov/som/battler bruiser etc and hes in an rvr guild so lets inv him

for people new to servers or new to the game and dont have resources or friends ingame yet have ALOT of hours
work to put in if the want a finished toaed template

now i cant say i know how rvr went in the pre-toa days because i was only leveling my chars. but i knew for a good template at the time was quest/crafted items and not 1 worry about ML level of heros/wardens druids etc or if he has arties.

alot of people realise this and become ''greedy'' for arties
by ''not sharing the love''

in my opinion well said mck and alot of people should take heed to this. and anyone who thinks otherwise :mad: :mad: :twak: :twak:

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
:fluffle: ebenezer i love your bards uber pointy cloth hat, makes me want one of my own

but i try and be a nice guy on the game, won a gov, gave it a friend, free of charge, next day i see him with it on.

a dude killing lvl 1 mobs outside of domnann (thornweeds or summet), i randomly get 10-20g out of my inventory and give it him. A dude who just re-rolled from mid was there, told me he had nothing etc, gave him all the money i had (was poor at the time) and that was 100g. when i played on alb/excal and hated it (yes i hated it XD) before i /quit /delete Y-E-S, i gave a dude 4.5p .. lol, 4.5p :eek7: . atm i am trying (if my acc wasn't suspended /cry) to farm govs for friends cuz they simply don't have the means to get their own. my old bm gear (ml6 armour that cost me 17p) i traded away for 3p, cuz i am a nice person :worthy: when i can be arsed to uber lag myself and dual log, i will givf spare buffs to people, or aoe buffs. I know i hate it when a druid walks past who is obviously a bb walks past and won't aoe buff me. Sometimes when i need to afk for dinner and i am exping, i will cancel all buffs on myself, buff the local joe, plant a fop for him, put a coin or summet in the fop button and afk. People love you for it. beware hibs! i am leveling my vamp! prepare for mass free foppage and buffage!!!

anyway, i have to go put my new computer desk together ;p cya peeps ingame when i'm not suspended QQ

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I was a noob once ... and i still am ... ask anyone...

U make a good point McK but people will always strive to be the best and in doing so try and distance themselves from their humble beginings , unless they feel like embracing it etc .

As for u statued :p i remember that u were probably the 1st lev 6 chanter ever to get pled @ the umbral hulks in df by yours truely and Prodical :p then u had the guts to ask why u had to hand over the 70 odd diamond seals u got .... we let u keep them as we felt sorry for teh nubber :p

Nice thread , would be nice to see more like this ;D

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
/clap

totally agree wit everytin u siad m8 /salut :clap: :clap: :clap:

statued

Loyal Freddie
Punishment said:
U make a good point McK but people will always strive to be the best and in doing so try and distance themselves from their humble beginings , unless they feel like embracing it etc .

As for u statued :p i remember that u were probably the 1st lev 6 chanter ever to get pled @ the umbral hulks in df by yours truely and Prodical :p then u had the guts to ask why u had to hand over the 70 odd diamond seals u got .... we let u keep them as we felt sorry for teh nubber :p

Nice thread , would be nice to see more like this ;D

yes thank for that pl of level 6-10.......

and commandment made me /auto s without telling me what it did and he got my seals :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
statued said:
yes thank for that pl of level 6-10.......

and commandment made me /auto s without telling me what it did and he got my seals :)

Hey... Dont mention it , u wouldnt be the 1st and u most certainly wont be the last ive done it for ...

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Punish .. when u buy an ebay account the site givs u the right to use the ebay avatar u have? :>

mouhahha :touch:

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Mckennitt said:
Punish .. when u buy an ebay account the site givs u the right to use the ebay avatar u have? :>

mouhahha :touch:

I really wish u had told me that before i paid dozens of experts millions to design my FH avatar ..... :<

We cant all make sitting on a log in the wilderness look cool McK ;D <3<3<3

censi

Can't get enough of FH
dunno if I agree.

theres an element of the persona and atmosphere you describe in your post.

But theres also equally a contingent of the server that are extremly helpful and nice people and extremly casual with there attitude to the game.

I have people on my friends list that I really kind of met only a few times, when they logged in for the first time and pm'd me for help as im on the advisor list.

I try and make time to chat to these people and keep an eye on how they are doing. Some guy I remember asking me about a ranger when he rolled. he is like level 21 now after at least 6 months of playing and I just told him about thidranki and RVR... He chatted for ages about what he can do with his character and what the game is all about. He wasnt at all interested in getting to 50 so he could RVR. He would just loggin maybe once a week, chat, maybe go and kill some mods for 30 mins, or go hunt one of those low level one time drop mobs. Do a quest.

sometimes its a real refreshing change to go and just talk to people... forget about your next template, your next RR and LWRP...

im certainly guilty of getting to caught up in this game. and sometimes it takes a new player out there asking for some help to make you realise what its all really about.

Tor_nada2004

Fledgling Freddie
yeap

True True , hibernia did changed i blame GoA for the /level and for power level, we should remember the days we was fighting squiky and died so many times , and blackthorns from mag mell , they ruined it , i think 2 ppl go ON horse throw there on foot , NEVER , and no one its there , and the ppl forgot to have fun , all the ppl want 2 things , to look good (artis , GOV MOSTLY) and to be high RR, thats all , they never have fun , not getting a keep , no nothing ... thats a real pain in the ass , we should have more discussion's like this , its very intresting aborting , and this i hope will wake the most hibernians and realiaze that they pay this game to have fun NOT TO WORK , i bet they work 12/24 to pay this game , and they dont have a drop of fun , they just work work work , nice posting Mckennit and GL

Roger

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer but to be fair keep taking isnt a lot of peoples idea of fun:)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
/ Salute @ Censi+PM

I sometimes roll gimp chars and bug the advisors if i am not 100% on the class , i remember pming u censi and afew other PM archers and asking about celt blades ranger ... i was lev 6 or sumt and wanted to autotrain bow , u talked to me a good 10 mins and offered me money and a crafted set @ lev 10

Deserves a plug <3<3<3

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Heh Cenci ! im sure youre one of those few players left in hib which belong in the respected folks worth of a /hug absolutetly.. and as u said : its not rvr or any other high term featute of this game that can givf you the fun... its whatever may please the player if u ask me.. :) ( something like farming fomorians for some months :m00:

Well said and thanxs for posting yours thoughts .

/hug

Mck

PS: Punish how long is the baby u have in the avatar? :p

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Umm

2 Foot ?

Dunno tbh we just stole him from his mother to make my avatar , he now lives with the photographers and is clean off all drugs for last 2 months ^^

Dinesen

Fledgling Freddie
Very well spoken mck! I must say you are rigt and i think you have proven there still is some love in the air!

BTW: Do you guys in greece drink Alcohol when you chill out in the summer?
I DO!! :drink:

Very nice post and i think it have done its purpose! :clap:

Bertram....

PS: I will from now on give 1Plat to all guys in SI town!

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
LOL drink alcohol in greece?

rofl nah.. we dont drink at all.. ask Gear or koun :cheers:
and we drive drunk aswell totally ;p

mck

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I don't drive drunk :p

BTW Athens is shite, just escaped tho I'm coming back next week, I'll give you a buzz

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Some sound points Mck, but I think you understimate hibbies a bit. Still lots of nice folks about though imo (I always give lowbies cash in Dom (cue millions lining up for my meagre sums :p ), I agree some restructuring is needed with ToA etc but let's not count the realm sadly changed, just in transition.

And Punish change the ebay baby, it freaks me out like that baby's face in the sun from teletubbies. :eek7:

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
Agree 100%, with what you are saying Mck, alot of the stuff that happens in the realm these days depands on who you are, and who you know.

I for one do not have that many "elite" friends, and i guess im not even that well know, so when i need something doing it can be quite hard. I'd hate to think how many new people cope.

I think the problem it self is with the Realm we are in, the other two realms lend themselves to random groups, where our realm does not. In RvR we have the Elite Attitude, all or nothing..

However, Freddyshouse is but a drop in the Oceane, and many of our realm mates do not use it. Thus things like this are not really going to change anything, unless we make one big happy guild with like minded people - *like thats going to happen :(*

anyway Rambled on for ages now,

Stay Safe

L.

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
"PS: I will from now on give 1Plat to all guys in SI town!"

Does that mean me too... I'm so poor :( remeber when thoes guys from the German servers came over becauser Exacl was the only one up, i burned like 2p on thoes little guys :)

But hey, i got about 50 fans to change their second names to "loveslorra" :D

koun

Fledgling Freddie
Mckennitt said:
LOL drink alcohol in greece?

rofl nah.. we dont drink at all.. ask Gear or koun :cheers:
and we drive drunk aswell totally ;p

mck
You can't imagine how much time I've spent to train car and bike to get my :drink: arse back home :p

Anything you do you're supposed to have fun. Leveling, RvRing, crafting, farming, anything. If I can help someone, sure I'll help. Sure I'll give someone some gold at domnann. Sure I'll answer someone's questions and try to tell him anything I can and know, even in the middle of an RvR session. Sure I'll have as much fun as I can otherwise I won't log. Since ppl still play and many new ones show up, I believe it's not that bad. There's still some spirit in the game.

Now where's my beer? It's too damn hot in Greece and it's still July :eek7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom