German cluster. How do i start there ?

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
Hey peeps,

I've not played daoc in years now and im thinking of giving it a shot again just for old times sake.

However could someone tell me the steps of aquiring this client ?
Is it all in german or is there a way for an english client to play on the german server.

Also whats your advice for server, i read people advice avalorn but what about the classic servers ?

Also i miss my ranger loads who is 7.8rr on exc and i'd like to replay the ranger days with a new one starting from scratch. Is there still any point in making a ranger nowadays ? Meaning are there enough targets running around solo or whatever that i can have some shots at :)?
Or is it all zerg vs zerg or stealth groups or group vs group nowadays.

Oh and is there only 1 cluster or several clusters for german servers ? I only see a list of servers, no clusters, on the german herald page.

Anyway thanx for the info,

Reggie

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
The classic cluster is in german these days. You might be better off looking at the mythic classic cluster if you want english. I would imagine the population is pretty low everywhere at the moment though because of WAR.

That might improve with the launch of the origins server however.

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
Well yeah im waiting for origins and im tired of warhammer in its current state. It only made me long back for daoc. Is the reason why im just wanting to replay some of the old fun.

But i dont mind german, i understand german fine. Im dutch myself.

I just want a good pop server cluster be it mythic or goa.

I read there's plenty activity on the german cluster so thats where i'd like to go then. I prefer a classic server though but from what i can tell those arent to populated. I have no idea how grind is nowadays with toa servers etc.

I just want to get to 50 asap, if ever coz i might get bored before that but who knows, and start some rvr if there is any to participate in.

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
Oh another question. Can i resubscribe my old excaliber account and still play on the german cluster ? I'm guessing i cannot ? Its the english client.

Do miss 2 expanions then though but hmm.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Oh another question. Can i resubscribe my old excaliber account and still play on the german cluster ? I'm guessing i cannot ? Its the english client.

You should be able to resubscribe with your old account, as all EU servers are run by GoA, but obviously you won't be able to transfer your old toons to classic.

The text in DAoC is stored mostly server side, you don't have to patch a client for different launguages.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

Resub your Excalibur account.
You can pick ANY german server they are all clustered now.
You can use the english client to play on the German server but most things will still be in German and there are a few small bugs.

Rangers and all archers have been changed alot since you last played. There is alot of zerging on the german servers but you will be able to find others to fight, it just takes a bit of looking.

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
Alright thanx alot. Still thinking what to do. i cant use my ranger from exc on the german server anyway. The trial at least gives me all expanions , i miss the last 2 myself :).

Ill think about what to do. Cant play my exc char on a german server right :)?

To bad they dont allow server transfers from exc to a german cluster.

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
Bloody hell i forgot you need a buffbot again for playing on normal servers behh nevermind then.
Im not gonna pay 2 accounts right away. I do have a buffbot but he's on my excaliber account.

Anyway so the classic servers are out of the question prob, the german ones ? Very low pop etc and no real rvr activity.

How about the usa ones then ?

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
The US classic servers where busy about four months ago, around 1500 - 2000 people depending on the time. I would imagine they are much quieter now though.

Edit: 238 on there now

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
EU classic servers is dead, normal toa german servers are very nice tho, but a buff bot is a must or atleast ask ppl for buffss, if its soloers u ask they can often get buffs.

Id go as a duo on german servers if i were u, and have a buff bot between u, makes both lvling and rvr much easier and the vent gives it another lvl:)

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
Ah well im just bored and miss daoc loads. Ill just go make a char on avalorn and see where i end up. Maybe never reach 50 or maybe ill do.

Im alone. My daoc guild is still in warhammer, most of m anyway.

Maybe if i really dig daoc again ill pay for a buffbot but a buffbot is the reason i dissapeared and never came back. At one point i just thought it was rediculous i have to pay 2 accounts for this game. However im staying subbed for a few months more to warhammer, see if they improve. So unless i get completely hooked and reach 50 i dont see myself paying for a buffbot account also.

Wish i could use my ranger and buffbot still on excaliber.

I want to make a ranger again coz i miss him loads but im not sure, without buffbot its a pain to solo a ranger. Also not so sure which realm to start. Will have to do some research.
Im not so sure other classes like friar or vampirii are that great without a buffbot ?

All those expansion items, artifacts and whatever titles etc seem like alot of hassle though to have to go through all over again.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Im not so sure other classes like friar or vampirii are that great without a buffbot ?

Vamp is fairly effortless to solo as it is pretty much self buffing anyway, reasonable in RvR as a solo toon with the right spec too. Same could be said for Mauler.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Vamp is fairly effortless to solo as it is pretty much self buffing anyway, reasonable in RvR as a solo toon with the right spec too. Same could be said for Mauler.

Heretic is also alot of fun, selfbuff shield flexweapons pd5 etc etc
only thing u need for buff is a dex/qui witch is easy to get hold of whit bracers whit charges etc.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Managed to solo as a Mauler up to rr6 or so quite nicely on classic :)

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
yeah i'd like to try a mauler but to bad they dont give the minautor expansion in the trial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom