General Alchemy Effect Questions

O

old.Tyraette

HEy all

just a few quick questions for you regarding alchemy. Most of this borders on casting stuff actually hehe, but i never got off my arse to roll one. As an explanation of why i want to know, im planning my sc reactives and stuff, and trying to weigh up how things work

lvl 47 lifetap charge. Assuming I use this on a grey, say..a familiar in df <im an infil, this will be my health recharger in emergencies when midside etc> roughly how much would you expect to tap from it? And again, if I used this on a 50, how much would you expect to gain from it <ignoring resists for sake of argument>

Next up...Damage shields. How do these work? I know that i take full damage as normal, but a portion gets reflected back? Anyone know how much of a portion this is? What does value of '5' mean when delving?

Haste..simple no brainer really..worth getting?

I'm an alb. If I choose a reactive dd, which type would you recommend for most effectiveness? <will ignore mids/hibs on this one ;)> Also, on average against a 50, how much would you expect this to be? it says 95dd, but what does this mean to the layman meleemonkey that i am? im assuming its not a straight 95dmg, as that sounds ....poo, really, in comparison to a potential 64dmg a tick dot.

Any recommendations, advice, general info would be welcome :)

For recommendation purposes, I'm a 50 mercfil currently thinking 2ablative 1 lifetap charge, 1dmg shield, and a dd. <i currently have the epic jerkin (its a question of style ;)) and so only have 5 slots, not 6> Also, my weapons have already been done, and have x2 matter dots on them

Thanks in advance!

A

Aeternus

mixing to many different reactives tend to give bad results.

Each armor piece covers a certain % chance to being hit and then theres an additional some 5% chance that a reactive on that part actually procs....

Chest is 40%
Legs 25%
Arms 15%
Helmet 10%
Boots and gloves 5%

So if you for example put 2 ablatives on boots and gloves they really just on paper covers 10% of your body. So you have to put consideration on things like that... if you for example put full armor ablatives, then youd have 100% coverage of ablatives on your armor, meaning theres always a minimum 5% (or whatever the proc % is on armor) that a reactive ablative goes of when hit... anywhere.

As for the jerking, get rid of it, 40% coverage on chest.. belive me, nobody cares about how you look when you are trying to kill them.

S

Sarnat

Originally posted by old.Tyraette

lvl 47 lifetap charge. Assuming I use this on a grey, say..a familiar in df <im an infil, this will be my health recharger in emergencies when midside etc> roughly how much would you expect to tap from it? And again, if I used this on a 50, how much would you expect to gain from it <ignoring resists for sake of argument>

I have hammer with 65 cold lifetap proc. It does roughly 80-100 damage on yellow mobs without resists and heal is between 70-120. I have not tested it on grays. The heal is minimal really, you can get better with heal potions I think.

Next up...Damage shields. How do these work? I know that i take full damage as normal, but a portion gets reflected back? Anyone know how much of a portion this is? What does value of '5' mean when delving?

You will take full damage. The damage done to the attacker depends on his swing speed. The value listed is damage per second, like with damage adds. Generally a crappy proc, especially in RvR.

Haste..simple no brainer really..worth getting?

I'm an alb. If I choose a reactive dd, which type would you recommend for most effectiveness? <will ignore mids/hibs on this one ;)> Also, on average against a 50, how much would you expect this to be? it says 95dd, but what does this mean to the layman meleemonkey that i am? im assuming its not a straight 95dmg, as that sounds ....poo, really, in comparison to a potential 64dmg a tick dot.

Haste, yes for example dual wielders. You should probably have 2 different procs on your weapons as your 2nd weapon will just overwrite your main weapon DoT if you land 2 procs. I'd probably get either haste or a DD of my off-hand weapon as a dual wielder.

Damage type for procs, I'd go matter, spirit or energy, in that order. Hey I'm a mid but I don't give bad advice either.

O

old.Tyraette

Originally posted by Aeternus
As for the jerking, get rid of it, 40% coverage on chest.. belive me, nobody cares about how you look when you are trying to kill them.

No...but I do :p I'm a fashion tart ;)

Thanks for the help guys.

With the lifetap, let me explain how im going to use it..I know its not as good as a heal potion or whatever, but this is my intention:

Shaeffer fights uglymid101 midside merchants. close fight, might go either way. rather than lifetap the mid, I'll lifetap either a passing greycon <just for lol factor nothing personal> or lifetap a plated fiend or something. I reckon that could be quite a substantial heal. Thats my reasoning, though I havent proved it yet.

Thanks for info on the rest, the pair of you :) big help.

D

Danya

Haste is about as effective as a haste charge or potion or a high level theurgist buff, not worth it IMO, given it's a 15 second proc.

As a duel wielder I'd still go dual dot procs - you're going to end up with better damage off 2 dots in 99% of situations.

Armour, ablative is nice. ;)

D

Devenport

get drunk and test them all.

or give all yer plat to me.

all youre plat are belong to us.
me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom