geforce 4 ti4600

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
anyone else got this card??
been having some problems with mine for quite awhile now.
if you are playing daoc with this card how mutch memory you got ? what OS and most important what drivers are you using?? and what version of direct X you got :confused:
thanks in advance :fluffle:

Tufnir

Fledgling Freddie
Amd 2500+
1,5 gig pc2700 memory (3x512mb, 2 is samsung, 1 is crucial)
asus a7v333 motherboard
onboard sound controller
onboard network card
Gainward GF 4 - 4600 - 128 MB (52.70 drivers)
WinXP sp1 - english version (legal with all patches)
DX 9.0b (4.09.000.0902)

In DXdiag it says this info on nv4_disp.dll
Version 6.14.0010.5270
Date: 24.10.2003 09.20.00
WHQL: no

Using 52.70 drivers, working good for me, only that load screens & charselect screen is not showing correct on my 19" lcd.

What is your problem with this card?

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
well i thought i might be the grafik card.. since one time i had this strange crash the windows help thingy told me it was caused by nvidia yadayaydayada..
anyways the problem iam having is that after i have played awhile it can be everything from 10min to 1 hour the game freezes, well everything freezes even the mp3s iam playing in the backround.
some times i just go ld but once or twice the computer has rebooted it self just after the game unfroze.
after like 20 sec the game unfreezes and leaves me ld.. or dead in game since the mob i was hitting has been hitting me the time i have been frozen or me dead by the hand of a mid and so on..
anyways not sure if this has anything to do with anything, but my brother recently installed new drivers but didnt remove the old ones befor he did this.
but i recon the new drivers will over write the old ones?

Tufnir

Fledgling Freddie
Nvidia leaves traces of old drivers when you install new ones. (search google for nvidia uninstaller or something)

Try uninstalling ur gfx card, then apply the newest drivers. Also check the VIA 4in1 hyperion drivers if you have a VIA chipset on your motherboard. (google via for the link).

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
Also check the VIA 4in1 hyperion drivers if you have a VIA chipset on your motherboard.
iam all like WTF mate? :p
how do i check that etc?
found this good nvidia driver remover if anyone ever needs one http://planetmirror.com/pub/majorgeeks/drivers/nfr_072.exe ;)
hmm and another problem pops up.. when i uninstall the old drivers wxp wants me to reboot so i reboot and wXP auto installs some old drivers it has stored some where.. :eek2:

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
When you reboot your machine after uninstalling the drivers Windows will reinstall some generic VGA drivers as it will recognise the VGA card for what it is and stick on drivers for basic functionality. You then install the detonator drivers you downloaded from Nvidia.

As for the Via 4-in-1 drivers these are your motherboard drivers. Depends what chipset is on your mobo you can find out what chipset it is by going to the device manager (right click on My Computer and choose Properties, then click on the Hardware tab then the Device Manager button) and look for the system devices heading in the Device Manager window. Click on the plus sign next to it to expand the list and look for the AGP driver. It'll say something like SiS Accelerated Graphics Port or similar. Right click on it, choose properties and hit the driver tab, there it will tell you what manufacturer it is and the date the drivers were written. The manufacturers website should tell you if there's an updated version of the motherboard drivers.

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
A lot of people, including myself, have had great success using the Starstorm drivers (hacked nVidia drivers).

They come in 3 flavours; high quality, high speed and a mix of the two.

Make a restore point and give them a go. Chretian's advice is good. Use the 'Nasty File Remover' tool to completely wipe your system of nvidia graphics driver remnants.

Cheers

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
I have lil bit more obvious solution...
Open the case of your computer, check if coolers are working (=rotating), then, no matter if they do or not, turn of your pc and clean it from dust using vacuum cleaner. Turn the pc on, check if some of coolers don't work. If they don't, buy new ones and install them instead of old.
What you describe to me sounds most likely as a stuck cooler on graphic card or maybe even cpu.

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
ok this morning after i had uinstalled and removed everything that was nvidia and let xp install its drivers then installed the new drivers.
i logged on a bg 1 char and ran around some in the bgs but suddenly everything stops, alltho i can still hear my mp3s playing ;) anyways after 10 sec the comp reboots.
and when it starts up a window has poped up saying :
the computer rebooted after a unexpected shutdown. Microsft windows discovered a potential device problem. the divice driver couldnt complete a writingmeasure. contact the maker of the driver blahablaha...
the divice driver for NVIDIA geForce Ti 4600 seems to be the cause making the computer volatile.
Sorry for my bad english i had to translate this from swedish to english :eek:
anyways i have installed the latest drivers for my card etc..
and iam going to check if all the fans are spinning... brb ;)

Tufnir

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, its clearly doing a bluescreen, but you have turned on reboot automaticly so you dont see what it is.

Do this: r.click my computer, properties, advanced, startup & recovery (bottom box), click settings, and check that the X on "automaticly reboot" is off.

When your computer reboots, it will stop with a blue screen, with white text. On that screen, it will tell you have the problem is.

My guess will be nv4_disp.dll caused a error ik 0x0000something.

Write down the name of the file causing the problem, and also the 0x000 number, paste the numer you get into google, and see what you find there.

What drivers did you use? try diffrent ones, mine drivers might not work for you, and vice versa, gfx drivers & certain motherboards + winxp can be a pain in the ass :(

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
You can hear your MP3s playing in the background?
Shut down all the background programs and just run camelot and see if it still locks up. Which MP3 player are you using? if it's winamp try disabling winamp agent as well as that causes a lot of conflicts.

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
i doubt it is the mp3s causing the trubble.. since i have played alot of other games without having any mp3s in the backround and still the same thing happends..
and about cleaning the fans.. i have cleaned them and allso both the fans are spinning.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Rellik said:
i doubt it is the mp3s causing the trubble.. since i have played alot of other games without having any mp3s in the backround and still the same thing happends..
and about cleaning the fans.. i have cleaned them and allso both the fans are spinning.
Right but even when you aren't playing MP3s, the chances are that the software is running in the background. Go to Start->Run, type msconfig in the box and hit OK. Go to the tab marked Startup on the system configuration window and click the 'Disable All' button. Click Apply then Close and restart. On the restart just run Camelot without opening anything else (other than internet connection software if needed) and see if it still locks up. If it doesn't then theres a problem with one of the programs that gets loaded into memory when Windows boots up.

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
so i checked the watchdog log file and found out that it was caused by nv4_disp.dll. so i looked around some on google and found this site http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=77 and they have the exact same error i have.. its called the "loop error".
so iam going to get all the latest drivers for everything if that dosent work ill do a system restore.. and if that dosent work ill do a format and if that dosent work ill get a new comp :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom