GeForce 4 Driver info

X

xiaotian0

hey guys,
i've had a format of my computer and reinstalled everything again. Im using the 40.72 drivers (27/09/02) with my geforce 4 ti4200. I had the computer on last nite for about 2 hours when i wanted to play Medal of honor which i haven't been able to recently because of a bad installation. I was playing fifa for over an hour and Gta3 for about 10 minutes before hand. I was playing MOHAA for about 30 minutes when it froze and i had to restart, the error message that came up upon restart said that there was a device failure and the drivers for the graphics card caused this.
Does this mean that the drivers are faulty, or is it a common feature with the detonators. I have had the standard drivers before which i always thought were more stable. My point is if it happens again should i revert to standard nvidia drivers for more stability. the 40 72s are digitally signed.
I will play again 2nite and see if it happens again but are the detonators prone to instability??
thanks for your help.

-------------------------------------
Vincent
WC-Game Studio
http://www.wcgame.com

J

Jonty

nVidia's detonator drivers are, on the whole, very stable (and device driver failures should be very rare). The drivers I recommend you use are nVidia's own v.43.45 drivers (link for Windows XP/2000 only). Although not Windows Hardware Quality Labs certified, they are known to be stable and are what nVidia recommend all its customers use (you could, alternatively, use whatever drivers your specific graphics card manufacturer has available to download).

To be honest, I'd only start to worry if the problem reoccurs. If it does, then try and find a cause so that you can reproduce the instability.

Sorry I cannot be of more assistance

W

Will

What Jonty said. 43.45's seem very stable to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom