Geersha Campaign

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Anyone remember the time where all realms faught in the bg2 together vs the geersha and the black queen?

http://daoc.goa.com/news/view_plus90news.php3?id_article=1308

for those who dont know. It was a crossrealm event in a BG zone where all realms faught an evil foe with mighty powers back to their island G... something...

The bosses of the Geersha dropped very unique items never seen in daoc. Resist buff/debuff proc of all kinds. of both melee and of magic resists.
For once, i were lucky to recieve a robe with strange stats and new GFX (scabbard's Mourning) with 26% slash resist proc (which i stupidly traded away long time ago witht he awakening of Atlantis. Was told by mates that ToA items would knock the boxers of me so i sold it.)

does anyone ever see these drops anywhere, i'd like to hear if people still have em or if they are hidden on closed accounts ;-D

discuss!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the abilities were toned down not long after the event (Heimay island :) I have it on my /quest on Ererim) but I think the items are still kicking around....

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
it's one of my fondest Daoc memories.

But it's of when Geersha invaded Alb, and took over CW and then tried for Cornwall station and AM. Myself and about 5 guilds held off the Cornwall station force for about 2 hours , and then needed backup.

Ahh the memories. I used to have screenies , but my old HDD crashed :(.

Might be able to rummage some up when i get home, Have a pic site and i think some are still up there. Just i can't get at them while at work ... stupid smartfilter :/

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
CHuffy has a double blade, but not seen him for over a year :/

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
ye, arf - toned down but still functional - my robe resist proc were still 26% close when toa hit. got 11-12p for it \o/ (was many plats at that time 8/)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Got a few pics here from that event. The end event was great, but as a whole took a long time to climax, and for the amount of people who took part on a one off event, the rewards were great, but not enough IMO.

Give more I say, I would love to see a coop server, but if thats not possible, how about a BG land with coops rules?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
should have had a bomb squad and just before the last mob died my grp would bomb and get all the items xD (if i were an evil supervillain)

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe with clustering - there will be opportunity to have a "Prydwen vs Excalibur" day, where all realms of each server join forces to fight to the other server.

<PHONEY_STORY>
Morgana has cast a rather natty spell which has duplicated the world, corrupting the minds of one world. You must put aside your differences with your waring partners (no matter how smelly the trolls actually are) and join forces to battle the ewul duplicate world.
</PHONEY_STORY>

(of course both worlds get told the other is corrupted, - a sneeky plan on Morgana's part to avoid her actually having to corrupt anyone and allow her to get on with her housework).

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
I've still got a cloak that dropped in my vault - Borogove cloak. Has no stats though. :(

A

Aoln

I got the scabbard's mourning robe atm, nicked it off carp and it's rotting in my vault :p

Karatakus

Fledgling Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:
it's one of my fondest Daoc memories.

But it's of when Geersha invaded Alb, and took over CW and then tried for Cornwall station and AM. Myself and about 5 guilds held off the Cornwall station force for about 2 hours , and then needed backup.

Ahh the memories. I used to have screenies , but my old HDD crashed :(.

Might be able to rummage some up when i get home, Have a pic site and i think some are still up there. Just i can't get at them while at work ... stupid smartfilter :/

Ah I remember that event. Died loads of times defending Avalon Marsh bridge and trying to retake CW. Loads of fun. :D Seeing that merc army that Crack Suicide Squad got to retake Witrin in the end was also class. :)

Missed the one when the Geersha's invaded Tepoks. By the time I found out about it and got there it was all over. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom