GC probs - crashes in 2 games

X

Xtro

well as I posted earlier picked up GC and some games today - the cube is 2nd hand. Anyway got 4 games, Zelda and Bounty Hunter work fine np at all, but SMB and Rogue Leader I'm having probs with.

Rogue Leader just hangs during the Death Star Attack scene. I can play the actual level for a bit then it locks up - music still plays tho.

SMB - I can sometimes play for 20 mins, sometimes for just 2. Like Rogue Leader the music will play on but the picture will lock up, although in SMB I sometimes get funky gfx glitches too...:/

Bad discs, GC need cleaning - or what? Can take them back tomorrow but would rather keep 'em. Just wondering as I'm a GC n00b and have not had a single prob with Xbox games.

TIA

E

Embattle

I've known some one who had a lot of trouble with SMB before, he exchanged it a few times but still nothing :(

W

Wij

Not played SMB THAT much but it's never crashed on me :/

S

Sar

Me neither, although playing Prime the other day the action suddenly stopped and white text popped up on a black screen saying "There is a problem with your GC. Please refer to the manual" or somesuch.

A quick reset and it was fine again.

X

Xtro

well i just exchanged the discs for SMB and Rogue Leader...still happens ;/. Weird cos as I said Zelda, Bounty Hunter and Metroid Prime (just bought it) work fine.

Must need a clean or the laser's fucked or something :0

/edit: oh ffs, metrod prime didn't CRASH but the gfx just went all nuts so had to reset. 2nd hand cube = 2nd hand piece of shit then :/

S

sheepsteak

If its a US Gamecube you are using then it could be the step-down your using isn't up to the job. When Rogue Loeader first came out a lot of people seemed to have this problem but mine was always fine. Have you got the GC on the carpet or something and its getting too hot? Just some things to think about. :S

L

leggy

Its a uk cube.

I'd return it and keep zelda.

Get the prime pack from game and ask them to knock a tenner off it.

X

Xtro

All sorted, swapped the cube for another in great nick, churning my way through metroid prime. Kind of nicely stoned and slightly pissed atm (fell unconcious about 6pm woke up 2 hrs ago) and am enjoying it even more ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom