GC Games. What to buy.

A

ad-

i really liked super monkey ball... tough at times, and seemingly harsh on later levels, but they are possible... plus some excellent mini-games to rival the main mode

super mario sunshine is good, looks very pretty and is fun

not played eternal darkness, not everyone's cup of tea i hear, but i might rent it out from blockbusters soon.

pikmin is a bit short lived though good, as is luigi's mansion, which back in the summer seemed good but now i prefer mario sunshine..

a sleeper hit at teh mo is the tiger woods golf game

starfox looks lush, but is a bit simplistic in gameplay and ultimately disappointing

O

old.Kez

Pikmin, mario, monkey ball, eternal darkness, resident evil, rogue leader. All definately worth having.

Luigi's mansion is pretty boring, pretty quickly. Oh, and Smash Brothers is worth having, too.

At least three of those can be had for about £20 at the minute. Sawted.

O

old.Kez

No, metroid's not out until march. Or later, probably.

Metroid fusion is the GBA version, anyway. the GC version is called Prime.

O

Ono

Super Monkeyball
Super Mario Sunshine
Eternal Darkness
Pikmin
Waverace Blue Storm
Super Smash Bros Melee
Star Wars: Rogue Leader
Fifa 2003
Beachspikers
Rocky
Timesplitters 2
Resident Evil
Luigis Mansion
Mario Party 4

H

Hashmonster

Originally posted by old.UKTwister

As long as you have the patience to spend about 5 seconds aiming!!

maybe if u're shite - it owns halo easy tbh (yes i do own that). have u played goldeneye??

K

Kippa.

why would he get TS2 on the cube, when he could get a better version on the xbox? :eek:

W

Wij

My friend has it on the GC already. It's pretty good but I still prefer Halo sorry Hash. Just my pref :)

Mario Party 4 ? What's that about ?

O

Ono

Originally posted by Kippa.
why would he get TS2 on the cube, when he could get a better version on the xbox? :eek:

There is no discernable difference in each version except that the XBox controller is shit.

O

old.UKTwister

The only reason timesplitters 2 is so hard is the control system. With some "proper" controls i can only imagine how quickly i'd finish it!

..But i guess it's down to preference

a sleeper hit at teh mo is the tiger woods golf game

damn sweet game, best gettin the Pc version though for the internet play, however it costs $5 a month :(

O

Ono

Links 2003 is the best golf game on PC.

Internet play is free.

H

Hashmonster

Originally posted by Wij
My friend has it on the GC already. It's pretty good but I still prefer Halo sorry Hash. Just my pref :)

:( but u can't have bots or anything!! tho the warthogs are fun :D

And ono's right, i brought Timesplitters 2 for PS2, Xbox and Gamecube at separate times using Game's lovely 10day return policy :) and there's nothing between them and is down to which joypad u prefer...

Hence the GC version gets my vote.

K

Kippa.

Originally posted by Ono

There is no discernable difference in each version except that the XBox controller is shit.

Except the controller S isnt, and the xbox version has sharper gfx and 5.1 sound :/

W

Wij

I love the Xbox controller for FPS games. Halo is so easy to control. PS2 pad sux for FPS. Not a major problem I know since I play most FPS on PC.

Anyway, anyone got Mario Party 4 then ?

B

bodhi

Originally posted by Kippa.

Except the controller S isnt, and the xbox version has sharper gfx and 5.1 sound :/

Nope, contoller S is still shit. Just less so.

O

old.UKTwister

No, Links 2003 is already 2 years out of date. Boring and much slower than TW.

I think you can do ip to ip play for free on Woods2k3 so you could always join a league or something

O

Ono

Originally posted by old.UKTwister
No, Links 2003 is already 2 years out of date. Boring and much slower than TW.

In what way is it 2 year's out of date? I think it's the most comprehensive golf game around and is piss easy to set up online games.

I am in a Tour at the moment with 8 other people off another forum and we all agree it beats TW2003.

B

bodhi

Originally posted by Ono

I am in a Tour at the moment with 8 other people off another forum and we all agree it beats TW2003.

Well, like duh. I'm fairly sure if they thought TW2003 was better they would be playing that. Tis hardly rocket science.

(TW2003 shits on Links 2003 tho).

O

Ono

Tis a matter of personal taste.

But you're all wrong. :p

Users who are viewing this thread