[GC] Freeloader - definitely out on 7th February

O

Ono

[GC] Freeloader - definitely out on 5th February

Yes, yes, I know. You've heard it a million times before - but according to THIS THREAD on the Edge forums it looks very very likely that at long long last it's gonna be here next week. :clap:

Bloody fucking typical, just when I have just gone and bought a mother fucking modded import Cube. :eek:

Anyway - for all those waiting to get a Cube this is the reason to get one now. As soon as you get the Cube and FL make sure you put in your orders for:

Metroid Prime
Ikaruga
Animal Crossing
Winning Eleven 6 :FE
Soul Calibur 2
Eternal Arcadia
Zelda WW
Super Monkeyball 2
Mr Driller Land

Oh, and Whipped I want credit on this one when you plonk it on the news page. Ta.

O

old.Kez

Games cost enough as it is, importing them at greater expense seems to go against everything everyone moans about?

Still, whatever. I'd rather just wait, its cheaper, and games are over equally quickly.

O

Ono

Originally posted by old.Kez
Games cost enough as it is, importing them at greater expense seems to go against everything everyone moans about?

I beg to differ on this Kez my old matey.

I got Metroid Prime and Animal Crossing from DVDBoxoffice.com for £28 each delivered - that is about £7 cheaper than Play.com will charge and £12 cheaper than HMV.

I have Zelda: WW (with the Bonus disc) on order for the same price too.

I ordered Ikaruga and Mr Driller Land for £31 and £33 delivered.

It is actually cheaper importing IMHO and you get them months in advance of the PAL release.

L

lynchet

When is super monkey ball 2 out in this country ?

C

.cage

You surprise me ono, i wouldn't have expected you to be taken in by such blatant lies!
If it does come out, i'll get US zelda incase they don't bring out the bonus version of OOT out here (Highly likely considering nintendo don't seem to know europe exists)
otherwise, i'll get an import system, nintendo europe sucks ;p

O

Ono

Originally posted by .cage
You surprise me ono, i wouldn't have expected you to be taken in by such blatant lies!

I'm 90% sure that this is the *real deal*. Datel have written to retailers confirming the release and if I was a betting man I would lay money on it being true.

As for Zelda WW - I am playing the Jap version until my USA version comes in March and I can confirm that it is superb!

Also playing Metroid at the moment and that too is brilliant.

The BIG news for me though is that Winning Eleven 6: FE (aka Pro Evo 2) is out on Jap import tomorrow!!!! :clap: WOOHOO.:)

Y

Yaka

bleh why not just got out an buy a modded GC i just have to flick a switch to play either jap or usa games

O

Ono

Originally posted by Yaka
bleh why not just got out an buy a modded GC i just have to flick a switch to play either jap or usa games

I have a modded Cube but also a PAL Cube. I am gonna get shot of the PAL Cube but want to keep my PAL games instead of just flogging them cheap (like I have been doing recently).

C

.cage

You can't mod a PAL cube afaik.
When I bought mine (July, shortly after they came out) I didn't expect nintendo europe to be so shit. They weren't this bad in the SNES days iirc :\

O

Ono

Originally posted by Kippa.

Noone said you could...

A misunderstanding by cage I think.

I have a US/Jap modded Cube AND a PAL Cube.

There ya go. That should do it.

C

.cage

you're evil
and yeah, i misread :(
I want metroid the most tbh, i'm a fanboy of all things nintendo, but metroid's my favourite :|

O

Ono

you're evil
and yeah, i misread :(
I want metroid the most tbh, i'm a fanboy of all things nintendo, but metroid's my favourite :|

Metroid Prime is one classy game. As soon as it loads up you know that they have spent time on this game. Wait til you see the menus screens!

The controls take some getting use to but the game runs at 60fps constantly which is amazing considering the graphics.

W

whipped

Re: [GC] Freeloader - definitely out on 5th February

Originally posted by Ono
Oh, and Whipped I want credit on this one when you plonk it on the news page. Ta.
I always give credit where it's deserved. ;)

N

NaveT

Metroid Prime is one classy game. As soon as it loads up you know that they have spent time on this game. Wait til you see the menus screens!

No wide screen option though, which in this day and age is shite.

Y

Yaka

well im not gona hold that against it. if a games class then it shouldnt mater. shame thou i have had real go at it yet. and to cap it of me step down transformer just stopped working:(

S

Sar

These very words have passed my own lips on occasions too numerous to mention.

C

.cage

Originally posted by NaveT

No wide screen option though, which in this day and age is shite.

oh no! no widescreen!

Metroid 1 has no widescreen, but it's better than 95% of current console games.
think.

N

NaveT

Not saying that it ruins the game. Its just a pain distorting the image to fit on a widescreen tv.

The game is one of the best games I have played in years, and worth the purchase of my gamecube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom