/gc buff xp

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
( was talking about this on our guild forum and thought I'd post it here too see what the general populace thinks - and maybe, just maybe this idea will leak back to the powers than be in the US :p unlikely tho )

Did I mention /gc buffs yet?

Just talking to Ste and were saying it's a shame you can't stack them - like have /gc buff xp and /gc buff crafting at same time

I also suggested that you should be able to re-buy certain buffs to make them stack with each other for added benefit.

To explain, you should be able to do /gc buff xp once for 5% costing 1,000 merit points (MPs), then type /gc buff xp again to gain 10% but at an added cost of 2,000 PLUS the initial cost of 1,000 MPs. Make it repeatable up to 5 times, each time doubling the added cost.

So, speaking of the XP buff it'd look like this

5% - 1000
10% - 2000 (total 3000 because you pay for the first buff separately)
15% - 4000 (total 7000)
20% - 8000 (total 15000)
25% - 16000 (total 31000)

As you can see the 20% and 25% would be prohibively expensive encouraging guilds to organise special XP event days to gain the max benefit whilst using the lower tiers for regular days.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Could be good I suppose, the benefit is so small atm that our guild usually forgets to use it atall.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
We have it on 24/7 and have 100s of thousands of poinst left. The benefit is tiny, especialy when you look at the camp bonus nowadays.

Ailyn

Loyal Freddie
Would be nice for large guilds with loads of Meritpoints :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Gotta agree, all the exp bonuses (camp, group, outpost, guild buffs) are kinda insignificant unless your on a really underpopulated realm and counting every xp point.

It would be nice to see a boost to guild buffs and corresponding cost increase to encourage saving up for a guild pve day as you suggest.

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
We used the guild buffs for a while & then kinda forgot about them as they're so utterly insignificant. Would be nice to find a way to make them useful like this.

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
this is a great idea, but its also needed to be turned on for the starter guilds, maybe just on a fixed 10% max if there is enough merit points, else it will just wait till there is, should just be automatic.

this would also give people a better chance of leveling on camlann :)

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
nice idear. As it is now the 5% bonuses just seems pointless... and the 2% rp bonus aint gonna do much diffrence.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
We also banged out an idea bout some PvE only merit buffs too - like mini relic bonuses with only effect player vs environment. Say, 2000 for 24hours of 10% dmg to mobs just to make the buffs more interesting and more useful. Like you all said, as it stands they're pretty pointless. :mad:

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
best thing about the exp buffs is they work on quests.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
we run the xp buff 24/7 because technically it works out for every 20 yellow mobs you kill you should get 1 for free.

Ok thats not a lot but it does make a difference in the long run.

However we are switching the to rp buff when we run our set groups in the incentive to get more people out there rvring.

I do agree that you should be allowed to run as many of the gc buffs as you want depending on how many merit points you got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom