Games *gasp*

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Done a little bit of digging and found this info:

GameSpot reported on November 13, 2007 that Interplay, using money from its sale of the Fallout IP to Bethesda Softworks, is going to restart its in-house game development studio and Interplay has plans on developing sequels to some of its classic IPs contingent on if it can secure financing. Gamespot stated:
“ Among the projects Interplay has said it wants to develop are sequels to Earthworm Jim, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Descent, and MDK, provided it can find the financing. ”

As of March 21, 2008 Interplay now has a "Coming soon" graphic on their website.

Interplay Entertainment Corp. (OTC Bulletin Board: IPLY) recently announced its earnings for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2007, and its plan for the company going forward.

On April 9, 2008, Interplay confirmed that they will undertake sequels for Dark Alliance, Earthworm Jim, Descent and MDK series. They have also announced production of a Fallout MMO.

They later announced that they would support the Wii Virtual Console, with Sega Genesis versions of Earthworm Jim, Earthworm Jim 2, Boogerman and Clayfighter.

On April 22, 2008 Interplay announced that Earthworm Jim 4 is in development with original creator, Doug TenNapel, as a creative consultant. No platform or release date has been set. In addition to the new game, TenNapel will also develop a new animated series and a feature film based on the property.

But this was mainly from the Wikipedia site. Derek Smart, creator of Battlecruiser 3000AD did speak about picking up the license for Freespace 3, but I think it was only a passing remark. The only problem I see is Volition which is owned by THQ now.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Man, Earthworm Jim movie could be fantastic if done properly. Get on it Pixar!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
On April 9, 2008, Interplay confirmed that they will undertake sequels for Dark Alliance, Earthworm Jim, Descent and MDK series. They have also announced production of a Fallout MMO.

just reread this and started to wonder how they are gonna make a fallout MMO work without totally ruin it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom