Politics Gas, Russia, Germany, Coal, Renewables

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
No worries the EU.has banned Russian fur coats...Putin didn't see this coming..he's in bits.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Nice post, will read on the train to the Polish wind farm I'm inspecting..

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Polish wind farms coming over here and taking our wind. tsk

Job

Yes..but if its blowing east we are pinching theirs

ileks

Part of the furniture
Nice paper. When you see the figures for the amount of Shale gas we have it's quite amazing. At current consumption levels just one of the deposit sites has enough gas for something like the next 150 years.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nice paper. When you see the figures for the amount of Shale gas we have it's quite amazing. At current consumption levels just one of the deposit sites has enough gas for something like the next 150 years.

But for the fact that if we burn all the currently available carbon fuels we're fucked, so what's the point of finding more?

ileks

Part of the furniture
But for the fact that if we burn all the currently available carbon fuels we're fucked, so what's the point of finding more?

Read the article mate - it's mostly about how we can stop relying on Russia for gas.

Given we're still reliant on fossil fuels it's a lot better than burning coal as well.

Job

In soviet Russia , Putin laughs at your wind farms

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That is the dumbest fucking argument ever.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

You didn't read the paper did you? We're a long way from diversification away from carbon fuels anyway (I didn't realise ze Germans were using so much coal), better to burn our own than have the Russians hold a gun to our heads.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You didn't read the paper did you? We're a long way from diversification away from carbon fuels anyway (I didn't realise ze Germans were using so much coal), better to burn our own than have the Russians hold a gun to our heads.

No - I've not read it - I was in the pub, on my phone. Will read it later.

However - I'm not massively concerned that Russia will be hugely problematic in terms of turning off our gas supplies - they kept 'em running during the whole of the Cold War after all...

My point was a rebuff to ileks saying there's enough for 150 years worth of fuel - and the fact that we can't afford to keep burning fossil fuels for that long. Energy "security" was admittedly not part of my argument - it was just a rebuff to the 150 years remark.

Job

There's probably around 300 years of oil left at present usage levels...knock down to 150 when China/India kicks in...Im sure we can come up with something in 150 years...theres no point in leaving it in the ground...future generations would say ' why didnt you use it...all you did was hold back growth and knowledge'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom