No idea Gardening Tips?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Are any Freddies (apart from the rogue lawnmower that is @Gwadien) gardeners?

I know *fuck all* about gardening other than it's hard work that feels unrewarding. But every time I've done some six months later I really enjoy the results. Whether it's an apple tree, or a pile of rosemary, or rampant mint or a big fuck off rhubarb plant. (I'm not arsed with flowers at all - I want to eat what I've sown).

I've got a big stack of brussel sprouts and purple cabbages that I've planted this year on a bank next to the stream that runs down the mountain (when it's wet enough) through the field out front. They're inexpertly planted - *way* too close - and therefore I've stunted their growth. But we've just had our first proper roast dinner in 18 months because we've finally sorted out some electrics and I've just plumbed in a working oven for the first time in a year and a half. And the sprouts were fucking ace :)

I'm going to buy some rhubarb crowns and plant some of them for slow harvest in a couple of years' time.

I bet @Lamp grows his own stuff.

I know nothing about the when you should grow stuff, the where you should grow it or the how. So if people are doing stuff - whether it's growing mustard seeds on their window ledge, or making a plot to plant potatoes, or filling a planter - post it here!

:)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Grow weed, best cash crop out there.
I've already done that. Smoked it all and baked some bright green orange-flavoured space cakes.

Weed is shit tbh.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Go on to bcc iplayer and binge watch gardeners world.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Have a look at the following items of interest.
Inter Planting. Basically, you plant a fast crop and next to it plant a slower crop, removing the room for weeds. Less weeding and more crop from same space. Radishes(f) and Cabbage(s). Idea being you use the extra space the slower crop doesn't need yet and grow a fast crop, then when that's harvested the slower crop will now start using the space.

Have a look at Garden Advice by Month - Allotment & Gardens will help with when to plant and when to harvest.

Be prepared to screw it up a bit. All part of the fun.

Don't eat everything. Growing Tomatoes outside. Let some ripen on the vine and dig them back into the soil. Free crop next year. Spuds to, hold some back for next years crop.

Don't dismiss flowers. Companion planting with some flowers helps with pests.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXKFeoqL0Bk&t=16s

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom