Ganking greys

O

osy

to: Mrsfeac

Actually, my intention was to kill you. But then you waved, I waved back, and only then I noticed you're a female char. Dazzled by the discovery, I thought of mesmerizing you, and "have my way with you" first.
Never trust an enemy realm player, even if its a blue drooling dwarf. I killed 2 grays after you left, and a yellow con caster. Kept waiting for you to show up, but you never did.

and no, Murphys is not nice, so dont play with his gray beard, he might bite.

F

Feac_

From Mrsfeac

:clap: ah i wondered why u kept going in that bush, well u may be a little meany but to me you will always be a little sweety :) and now my hubby (feac) as promised when he sees u he will put u out of ur misery very quickly and have a quick peek when u dead and see if dwarfs are dwarfs in other areas :eek: so next time you go in a bush just beckon you never know your luck :sex: ,

was a shame u left my hubby came back with me a while after our little encounter but you had gone:(

Any way you were my first :eek6: oops i meant 1st enemy i had met i was only lvl 19 when we met :fluffle:

Mrsfeac lvl 20 armwoman

P.s next time you go to sauvage forest dont forget your can opener

C

Cowled

Originally posted by ce-cubby
From http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/about/index.html

Realm Vs. Realm Combat

A cornerstone of Dark Age of Camelot's gaming experience is Realm vs. Realm combat. This means that everyone in your Realm is you friend, and you are safe from enemy players as long as you are in you home realm - but if you venture out to a frontier, you'll be able to fight other enemy-Realm players.

***If you don't want to fight other players, you simply don't go out to the frontier***

Seems fairly plain to me no flames required

I find the holier than thou attitudes in the game more than a little tiresome, same with the we are better than you because we don't raid at 3am sh1t.

The whole point of this game is to roleplay, hence the reason we are reading the role playing games forum, if the role I wish to take is that of aa person who deems all enemy fair game then so be it.

If you/your friends/ your realm want to invent your own "rules" please don't judge others for not sticking to them.

Where the gameplay is adversely effected GOA will give us official guidelines.

Until that day greys beware if you are in the frontier and you see an enemy guess what they might just kill you.

What about when no mids in any dungeons?

Oooo .. i forgot, u are most certaint NOT a mid.

C

Cowled

Originally posted by Pin
I shall have a lot of fun in killing Feminine whenever I see her, whatever her con, just as I have when I kill anyone else.

And i'll have lots of fun laughing at ur body, when ever u fail.

A

alarik

They killed our king arther, bastards kill all! :D

seriously.. i dont like killing greys i think sitting next to them is a cool idea

D

Danya

Re: to: Mrsfeac

Originally posted by old.Osy
Actually, my intention was to kill you. But then you waved, I waved back, and only then I noticed you're a female char. Dazzled by the discovery, I thought of mesmerizing you, and "have my way with you" first.
Here's a thought... would that break mez? :D

Z

Zill

Originally posted by Pin

-------------------------------------------

And a couple of notes to Cowled in particular:

I don't really see it as much of your business that I should be killing a grey con in Uppland, and just because you also have a grey con in Midgard doesn't give any sort of moral high ground in the matter. Nor does it show much intelligence, logging in your scout to PM me in game with quotes like "OMG, you are so lame". On this particular occasion, after killing about 4 grey cons, out came the yellows and I had a good 2 hours with Mazsola, killing all who came to find us. It was finally ended when 5 yellow cons beat Mazsola and I down with Zilly being the only one of the 5 left standing. Quite frankly, I find it much more offensive to see somebody who plays one account in Midgard and one in Albion.

That was a good fight we had Pin.

/salute

S

Subbiz

I think Ive oneshotted Pin before... that must make you feel a bit like a greycon right? so much battle so much fight, so fair a fight.

I mean.. ganking greycons.. why?

ofcourse u can say why not.. but.. why ? =) rpts? barely.

just for killing ppl? okay, did anyone ever get good at a game that is mainly based on skills? like one of the quake series or maybe a game like starcraft or similar... how much did you enjoy facing a total newbie in 1on1? not much ? well try play vs newbies over and over again for an entire evening, and then try compare it to ganking ppl 30 lvls below urself.. there is no fight, there is no danger, no match, no excitement. so why? coz u make their exp'ing hard and make them feel "damn this game sux, full of ppl trying to ruin my fun" (since most lvl 20ish are still playing the game for the fun of lvling and not rvr'ing, unless they are alts who just wanna make another rvr char)..

at any time u can turn it to "its a part of the game" and yea Ive ganked greys before both in emain and at fronteers, but sure as hell not for hours and hours.. hardly for more than 15 mins, unless it resulted in bringing out highlvls to fight and them making the battle last longer.

Imo areas like gorge/uppland/for. sauvage should not be something camped by lvl 50s over and over again.

I still remember one of my best rvr experiences, it was when I was still a young vendo-prowler, at my mid 30s and extremely new to the game. Was at a lan with 3 friends, a healer a sb and a runemaster, we all started the game together and we had SOOO Much fun going to gorge to pick up even fights (at this time everyone in emain was lvl 45+, but still pretty early in the game, in EU)

I remember spending so much time getting there, coz we hardly knew the way and the first 4 times we tried to follow a map and not a zonewall, resulting in us getting ganked by lvl 50 guards all the time. eventually we made our way to gorge, and we fought many battles here with evencons and sometimes higher cons. The best battle was once where we had killed a small group of hibs headed out from the gates, a nice AE mezz and then alot of screaming of who to kill.. we kept this going for a little while, and letting them get out to ress the dead after we had finished the battle.. in the end, alot of hibs had arrived, still everyone evencon or close. Then our healer landed a PERFECT ae mezz on the rather huge hibbie force (around 15-18 were there, sitting closely and resting), we were still only the 4 of us.. and it was in the old patches, where you could remezz in rvr. So we killed 2-3 that was not affected by the ae mezz, and then we picked targets 1 by one fast, killing around 10 ppl, and then we left before remezzing was no longer an option.. leaving a few ppl out of a true zerg force compared to our numbers..

I am sure alot of ppl have memories of the lowbie fronteer areas like mine, atleast those who cared to explore some, and look for rvr battles. Try keep in mind that others are playing this game to have fun also, before u kill 50 greycons in a row. it never hurts to have a heart and think further than your own gain.

O

old.Atrox

I think that the travel times makes ppl look for easy fights, hopefully it will chnge with the upcoming patches, where you can bind at the Portal

C

ce-cubby

Originally posted by Cowled

What about when no mids in any dungeons?

Oooo .. i forgot, u are most certaint NOT a mid.

I think you might find I am

P

Pin

I think one point missed by some is that I am not there to gank greys, I am there to get interesting fights, but killing a couple of low cons is often required to bring people out. Yes, there is little (no) challenge in killing them, but the fights to be had with the higher cons who come to find you are often the best fights I have.

I've never sat there for a whole evening, just killing grey cons - that certainly wouldn't be fun. At most it's been 15 minutes (after someone knows I'm there) before blues and yellows come out. If I'm alone then I'll happily attack any solo yellow, or a couple of blues should they come out, and I expect to win most fights 1v1. But most of the time, I'm there with Mazsola (minstrel), and we're looking for 3 or 4 high cons to fight.

I can't remember you 1-shotting me Sub, but you come damn close whenever you Vendo. <1100 hps in leather really sucks against zerkers and pretty much any level 50 zerker will 2-shot me (trick is to stun or snare and get away from the hamster!)

C

Cowled

Originally posted by Pin
I think one point missed by some is that I am not there to gank greys, I am there to get interesting fights, but killing a couple of low cons is often required to bring people out. Yes, there is little (no) challenge in killing them, but the fights to be had with the higher cons who come to find you are often the best fights I have.

I've never sat there for a whole evening, just killing grey cons - that certainly wouldn't be fun. At most it's been 15 minutes (after someone knows I'm there) before blues and yellows come out. If I'm alone then I'll happily attack any solo yellow, or a couple of blues should they come out, and I expect to win most fights 1v1. But most of the time, I'm there with Mazsola (minstrel), and we're looking for 3 or 4 high cons to fight.

I can't remember you 1-shotting me Sub, but you come damn close whenever you Vendo. <1100 hps in leather really sucks against zerkers and pretty much any level 50 zerker will 2-shot me (trick is to stun or snare and get away from the hamster!)

Hihi, i like my uppland-grp:

"Watch out, the grey-killing, "pin", is in uppland"

C

Cowled

Originally posted by Pin
I shall have a lot of fun in killing Feminine whenever I see her, whatever her con, just as I have when I kill anyone else.

Hihi .. a gimp like u can't kill a lvl 50 probably.

J

jilson

I finished my quest lvl 40 and was about to suicide at the mid portal when i encounterd a grey wondering along the path. So i mezzed him i then changed into some robes and hit him with my staff which i happened to get as a drop earlier, therfore giving him a bit more of a chance to kill me (note me a minstrel) but alas i slayed the grey norseman much to my amusement and then suicided at the portal =)

sorry whoever it was and hope i didn't mock you too much :p

tee hee

X

xplo

I went to yggdra once to get some rp's cuz i know from the beta that there r lvl 20-30 (green and blue to me) who hunt there, but i have one rule: only kill them once. Like this norse i shot him when he was xp'ing, next time he brought another norse around my lvl for defence, i killed his high lvl friend but i let him live then :)

L

lamus Yuatja

If I see con grays in RvR (emain) I'd go for higher cons due to them bein more of a risk. But if I see a "group" of con grays in some ways they are still dangerous...so I might pop there healer or somthin, to be honist I dont see many but when I do 70% of the time I leave them alone :)

S

Spix

Originally posted by Pin

I!)

Oh yeah, the fooking Mazsola who wait till a solo hunter pulls a bone eater and then mezz.. very brave.
I dont mind getting killed by enemy if im exping in frontier if it atleast is not by the same players every time, my choise to be there so I got myself to blame. But doing it the way you guys do it is in my eyes not very well played or brave. And dont say you dont camp same spots for longer than 15 mins, sure you maybe go away to check another exp spot for a while, but most of the times you are back within a few mins. Everytime I ask where someone got killed by Pin or Mazsola I get the answer at Bone-eater camp, hell lets rename it to Pin/mazsola camp...
For your information, Bone Eater camp almost never consist of more than one or two hunters exping at a time, and the exp range is for a 40-43 so finding higher than blue cons to a lvl 50 is not so likely, maybe a low yellow so whats the sport of mezzing a hunter who just shot a arrow at a bone eater and then kill or let him get exp killed....
I think out of 10+ times I got killed by pin/mazsola, I have not landed a single hit, that says alot of how challanging and fun it must be for you.
I have respect for alot of my enemies but you two realy isnt worth a dog piss.
If you think its fun to gank in yggdra/uppland you must have a very low standard , since you have been doing it for as long as I can remember. Not a single day without a [random -40] got killed by Pin/mazsola.
And dont try to fool anyone you are killing greys to lure out higher cons to get a even fight , everytime I have gone there with my thane and some other friends there's not a trace of you or you run and stealth like a chicken till were get tired and go away.

And the new realm abilities seems to make it even worse for lower level players to go to the frontier to exp, to many griefers around since all they want is easy RP so they can get even more skills to use in a battle that is already decided outcome against lowbies. Flame away

Jonas/Spix damn im a whiner :p

D

Danya

Just so you know "thane and some other friends" is probably not an even fight. Fighting a full group solo is not even unless they are green or lower. :p

P

Pin

Yeah, the bone-eater camp is a nice place to visit. Almost guaranteed one or two blue hunters to kill. I recommend to anyone that is passing through to just drop in there. Only takes 2 minutes.

As for camping there. We certainly don't do that, just drop by every time we pass through. If you're stupid enough to keep going back there, then whose fault is that?

As for waiting until you pull a mob before mezzing. Well, everytime I've been there I don't wait for someone to pull a mob, I just come up the hill from the NW and kill whatever I see, whatever action state they are in.

Again, if you are really stupid enough to keep going there, you should probably go complain to your parents for you not being born with enough brain power to learn from your mistakes.

S

Spix

Pin, didnt I just wrote that I was aware of the risk if I go back there again.
But as all hunters know, its not that easy to find a normal exp group in safe zone for hunters so it leaves it with one of few options to go to Bone-eaters at early 40.
And no I dont expect that a lvl 50 enemy takes their time to go there every day to kill a few poor hunters when there is alot more exiting actions in Emain and where ever...

Im just sick of the fact that a few lvl 50s think its a great and fun thing to go to lowbie land and kill everything around and claim they are there to lure out the higher levels and then run and hide covardly when 2 or 3 almost same level come out to have a look...

I will not tell you how to play, and I will stop show mercy to any whatever grey or green con enemy aswell and lie that I just kill them to get the orange with rr7 to come out so I can get a fun fight and my name will be celebrated all over the server for my ability to gather realm points in a noble way.

Just needed to ventilate my anger.
Done with that now, see you at Bone-Eaters!
Jonas/Spix

P

Pin

Originally posted by lefthand
Done with that now, see you at Bone-Eaters!
Jonas/Spix

See you there. And bring some friends. The camp looks to me like it can easily sustain 3 or 4 at a time :)

(Oh, and I wouldn't call level 40-43 lowbies, nor a camp of blue and yellow mobs 'lowbie land')

C

Cowled

Originally posted by Pin
As for waiting until you pull a mob before mezzing. Well, everytime I've been there I don't wait for someone to pull a mob, I just come up the hill from the NW and kill whatever I see, whatever action state they are in.

U would even xp-kill a person ? Oo
That is very nobel.

S

Spix

Originally posted by Pin

See you there. And bring some friends. The camp looks to me like it can easily sustain 3 or 4 at a time :)

(Oh, and I wouldn't call level 40-43 lowbies, nor a camp of blue and yellow mobs 'lowbie land')

Nah your right maybe not lowbies, but its no match for a lvl 50 nomatter class to handle a sitting or pulling hunter as you might have noticed , you can probably just walk straight up and kill me when I got 100% health and maybe have a better fight without any risk of getting killed if thats what you are afraid of.

Jonas/Spix

O

old.Rhoadie

Swings and roundabouts

Gotta agree with the hand in the fire statement, If you head into RvR at a low level, you shoulldn't expect to live. Everytime I have at a low level I've expected to die from a purp dude with a bow, or to catch a knife/axe in teh back, it's gunna happen. if you wanna try your have at RvR, try the bgs, then you don't get this problem. Admitedly this means you could b0rk your char for levelling a bit, but it's the risk you take for trying, else just xp, then when you're in the 40's, nothing will be purp :)

Users who are viewing this thread