Gamma Settings, Can you change them

S

Stonebits

My Gamma (the level of light on the screen for those who dont know :D ) is really low when I play DAOC...

Does anyone know any way to change them...?

Ive got a Geforce 3 with latest drivers (40.41?).

Ive had a look in the DAOC folders, but cannot find any .cfg files to tweak... (like in TFC or RTCW you could for eg)

I know my settin are particulary dark, the other day was playing in DF with a Guild mate, and I was pulling, he was saying theres one, and I coulnt see it on my screen (unless I stuff my nose on the screen and squnted)....
Plus was fighing the Trees just over border into Skona Ravine and the guy I was hunting with was pulling trees in the distance that I couldnt even see at nighttime.... His comment was, I dont know what the Torch button i for makes no difference to me...

sigh...

Thanks for any help.....

F

Flimgoblin

Don't think tehres anything in-game...

best to just change it on your graphics card settings outside the game...

then change it back for other stuff (pain in the arse admittedly)

O

old.Rusfighter

Nothing ingame. Just Ur card software and monitor settings.

V

VidX

Nice application for changing gamma settings while ingame is Powerstrip.

Been using it for a while now, since my CS days.

S

Stonebits

Cheers, I got this yesterday (powerstrip), someone else posted a link on the main discussion forum.... (guess more people go there).

Works a treat... Mostly..... I set it to change to a brighter mode when doac runs, and now it keeps switching to that brighter mode all the time, when i launch outlook, explorer etc....

Ill have a tweak with it.....

If I really whack the gamma up, at night it looks like day, which could come in handy for RvR.... although Ill prob be blinded in the daytime.... Hmmm DAOC vampire characters...

V

VidX

You can bind hot-keys to Powerstrip to change the settings. I use 9, 6 and 3 on the number pad to increase, reset and decrease Gamma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom