Gamestop - a problem

P

[PS]Fool

I thought that my order had gone through and was on its way to me, when i got this email

It is our company policy to verify all of the address and credit card
information given for all new orders before they are processed, to assure
the protection of the credit card holder and Gamestop.com. Unfortunately,
your credit card issuing bank has refused to verify any information
regarding the credit card used in the order. For verification purposes you
may fax (or scan and email) a copy of the most recent credit card statement
issued from your financial institution. You may fax the credit card
statement to us. The statement must show your name, address, card number on
it and purchase summary. If this information is not on the statement your
order cannot be processed. A copy of your credit card is NOT acceptable.
Please fax to 001-817-424-2062. Please respond within 48 hours, to avoid a
possible cancellation of your order. We look forward to processing your
order!
Thank you,

Gamestop.com

I dont feel comfortable handing out information like this. Did everyone else get this email?

If not, then where is a good place to get the game, other than gamestop.

:(

T

threeps

got my copy from them, didnt get asked that at all. Transaction went through with no problem. Game came in 3 days. Had to pay 20 quid import tax when it arrived to UPS tho :/

P

[PS]Fool

Gah, and i cant seem to find any other reliable shops..
:( :( :(

E

Ebonn

Foolish guess it will be to late by then but speak to your bank and tell them to release the info, seems your bank has stopped it for some reason

X

Xtro

1. Ring your bank, tell them what you are trying to do. Gamestop are just doing a security check, no harm there, its sound business sense.

2. Once you know the game is on its way ring UPS and pay the customs charge over the phone if you can. Then when the courier turns up you won't have to pay on the door (£17.15 here) and there won't be a problem him handing it over. My copy of SWG turned up very early but unfortunately no-one had the cash on them so the courier had to come back 24 hrs later (by this time I'd paid with my CC on the phone).

Hope you get it sorted, there's nothing to worry about.

D

Durzel

Several people on this board have bought and received SWG from Gamestop, and have received it very quickly. They are definitely a professional outfit.

The credit card check is necessary in some circumstances (particularly where the delivery address differs from the billing address of the card).

F

Faeldawn

Used gamestop also fool, never had that problem.

Unfortunately, i cant suggest another supplier as all the others seem to have problems associated with them as reported by gamers on the forums.

This is the first Gamestop problem i have heard of, hope they get it sorted soon m8 :(

T

Tufnir

Its not a problem really, they just want to confirm that you are yourself :)

Whatyou do, is to scan or fax the latest bill you got from your credit card company, and send it to them. Both mail and fax works great (I used mail) and they sent it to me 3 hours after recieving my confirmation. Delivered 1 and a half day later :) Paid customs 2 weeks after delivery (but I live in Norway, not the same rules in UK afaik). Do what Xtro said if your from there.

Users who are viewing this thread