GameSpy & DC

B

Brass Monkeys

This problem has only started to happen with only "DC" & GameSpy.

Whenever I go to connect to a DC server through GameSpy, it opens a prompt saying GameSpy is in hibernation mode, if the game has exited select resume to continue.

I always had this before but it always connected to the DC Server I chose without selecting "resume". Now it just sits there and when I click "resume" it goes back to the server listings.

I havent changed anything and still using the latest current version of both GameSpy & DC.

Anyone else had/got this problem? Connecting to original BF servers are fine.

D

doh_boy

I know it might sound useless but use ase, it's 1) better 2) bloody usefull (if you buy it).

ase = all seeing eye.

B

Brass Monkeys

Ive played around with ASE, its ok but I just like the easiness of GS with the chat & the newly introduced "User Rooms" and the messaging etc.

I have ASE installed but the "non sub" version, so what would I expect if I were to purchase/register ASE?

** reverting back to original post, any help/idea about the fault Im getting would be appreciated! thanks

X

xane

I finally got rid of Gamespy because if a server has pinging disabled on it, which is the case with some of the GAME BF1942 ones, it never shows up on Gamespy.

P.S. "pinging" is not actually the same as "ping" from the command line, but a specially constructed message, but it's disabled all the same.

I'm just wondering if this is connected to your problem.

I do miss the chatrooms of Gamespy, particularly as it avoids me having to install the POS that is mIRC, or one of its bug-ridden clones, but now I use the Chat of GAME.NET, see menu above, works fine for me most of the time.

B

Brass Monkeys

Originally posted by xane

I'm just wondering if this is connected to your problem.

Wouldnt of thought so as it worked fine l;ast week and just started to happen out of the blue, what makes it strange is that its only happening with DC.

I do miss the chatrooms of Gamespy, particularly as it avoids me having to install the POS that is mIRC, or one of its bug-ridden clones, but now I use the Chat of GAME.NET, see menu above, works fine for me most of the time.

sorry, what menu? Is there any plans for Game.Net to introduce a Chat system similar to what GameSpy do?

C

Cdr

I do think that you're best of using ASE, ditch the POS that is GaySpy - you'll feel much better for it ;)

I've not used Gamespy since I played CS many many moons ago (even that was GameSpy 3D), so I can't help you with your problem :(

As for the Game.net chat, you can connect to the Game.net IRC chat rooms via the links either on the main website (http://play.game.net/ -> Chat) or directly to the BF Channel (http://play.game.net/games/bf1942/ -> Join Chat). This is by far the best way to get in contact with any of the admins.

Users who are viewing this thread