games...

Karam_Gruul

Banned
i'm going through my 'cant be arsed to play a mmorpg, but want something to play' faze... and wonder if anyone has any suggestions on a DECENT rpg type offline game.

i downloaded morrowind cos i heard it was supposed to be good... well that was a lie, its rubbish.. i dunno what the hell im doing half the time, dont even know how to go up lvls... does anyone know if it gets better if u play more?

err, but any other suggestions?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Karam_Gruul said:
i'm going through my 'cant be arsed to play a mmorpg, but want something to play' faze... and wonder if anyone has any suggestions on a DECENT rpg type offline game.

i downloaded morrowind cos i heard it was supposed to be good... well that was a lie, its rubbish.. i dunno what the hell im doing half the time, dont even know how to go up lvls... does anyone know if it gets better if u play more?

err, but any other suggestions?

Never Winter Nights is always fun, and if the games dont have to be brand new, baldurs gate 1 and 2. Gothic 1 and 2 is kickass. thats the few i can think of right now..

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
If you've finished NWN, try Hordes of the Underdark. It's a great expansion (starts you off as level 15, introduces epic levels) that adds a ton to the game. Probably more fun than the original campaign.

Morrowind is a great game, but it can't be treated as a normal rpg. It's very much non linear.

Karam_Gruul

Banned
hmmm, i hated baldurs gate, was just crappy crap crap linear crap.

i want something with no storyline, like fallout.. where u can just go to villages and execute all the women for a laugh.

where is my fallout disc...

Karam_Gruul

Banned
ahhh sod it, i want a mmorpg again :(

any suggestions? not daoc, eq, horizons or COH... i want EQ2 already

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Baldur's Gate series is one of the best rpg, how the hell can it be linear.

One of the most open ended rpgs.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I would have said CoH for having fun smashing stuff to death.

How about Ultima Online? :D

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Knights of the old Republic is a great rpg, nothing better than using force choke on someone who looks at you funny heh.

Its real easy to get into, great graphics, good story and good gameplay and you also don't have to be a starwars nerd to enjoy it.

The World of Warcraft europe beta sign up should be coming out soon.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
All of the above (esp Gothic Titles, v under-rated games, big fun). Also, have you tried Anachronox? v funny rpg game.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Gothic is great :)

Not sure is Severance counts as a rpg, but still a solid game :)

Hmmm, RuneScape? hehehe.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Have you tried Arcanum?
In the style of Fallout, with strong magic vs technology elements during character gen and gameplay. Bit short, but quite difficult to master it, even after you hit max level. Plus it's only a fiver from GAME.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
I found knights of the old republic really good and I played it alot, until I got the lightsaber and became a jedi, then for some reason I stopped liking it :p

BG1 + 2 are both great, didnt like NVW as much but lotsa people seem to, and yeah WoW beta sign up soon (wish meh luck! :p)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
harebear said:
I found knights of the old republic really good and I played it alot, until I got the lightsaber and became a jedi, then for some reason I stopped liking it :p

Weird, imo Starwars game's don't become fun 'till you get hold of your lightstick and start wtfpwning 20+ white clad S&M bitchs in a handful of graceful yet deadly butterfly slash/jump things

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Weird, imo Starwars game's don't become fun 'till you get hold of your lightstick and start wtfpwning 20+ white clad S&M bitchs in a handful of graceful yet deadly butterfly slash/jump things

Ye I know I normally think that too, maybe it was something todo with the story :p

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
jedi knight 2 was uber...

dark forces sucked tho, and jedi knight 1 was only fun multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom