Games

E

Esoteric

Thinking about maybe playing a new game for fun.

Not sure what to try tbh. Maybe Unreal Tourno 2003 or Unreal any advice on that?

Or jedi knight 2 that looks fun.

Will prob get Doom 3 when its out.

Anyway what do you guys think is best and after the game which is most fun online.

O

old.mattshanes

Doom 3 out aug 29th and unreal tournament 2003 is a nice game.... though i would wait see what other fps are coming.Doom 3 is THE GAME most pc people are waiting for:D

V

Vivishade

imo if you wanna play unreal tourny 2003 you should play unreal tourny first, it is an uber game and very addicive :/
but Counter Strike is the game im playing atm :)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Doom 3 out aug 29th and unreal tournament 2003 is a nice game.... though i would wait see what other fps are coming.Doom 3 is THE GAME most pc people are waiting for:D

Nah
Most people have by now realised the following truths:

a) Doom3 won't run on their computer :D
b) Doom3 will be doom2 with extremely good graphics and possibly sound, although iD don't usually give a shite about sound engines
c) Half-Life2 will be out a mere month or two afterwards
d) HL2 WILL run on their computer
e) HL2 currently looks about 5 times closer to reality than doom3 does.

Oh, and my suggestion would be to get Battlefiend 1942, it owns.

E

Esoteric

I used toplay counterstrike but stopped due to the terrible instant win button hacks.

R

Restart

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Nah
Most people have by now realised the following truths:

a) Doom3 won't run on their computer :D
b) Doom3 will be doom2 with extremely good graphics and possibly sound, although iD don't usually give a shite about sound engines
c) Half-Life2 will be out a mere month or two afterwards
d) HL2 WILL run on their computer
e) HL2 currently looks about 5 times closer to reality than doom3 does.

Oh, and my suggestion would be to get Battlefiend 1942, it owns.

Probably get flamed :/ but am i the only one that finds Half Life + Battlefield 1942 a load of old pants? :/

R

Restart

Originally posted by Esoteric
Thinking about maybe playing a new game for fun.

Not sure what to try tbh. Maybe Unreal Tourno 2003 or Unreal any advice on that?

Or jedi knight 2 that looks fun.

Will prob get Doom 3 when its out.

Anyway what do you guys think is best and after the game which is most fun online.

Oh and to this question, Unreal Tournament 2003 is a pretty good game, alot of fun :)

Unreal 2 has good graphics etc but is VERY short lived.

and Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast is a cool game, alot of fun on single player and multiplayer :)

M

mirieth

UT:2003 is good for the occasional 'quick blast' of deathmatch or ctf but has no real staying power. Looks pretty, too.

Unreal 2, well... it's UT:2003 with slightly better graphics and a bad story-line. Not good :(.

I'm really looking forward to Tribes:Vengance and Half Life 2... oh and the new Deus Ex game :).

H

hercules-df

screw doom 3 with its strobo-vision engine.
GIF HL2, the only game footage that actually made my pants fall off.
Plus the HL ppl are more likely to make a half decent game too, Can just see Doom3 turning into doom1 with nicer gfx.

M

mirieth

Originally posted by hercules-df

GIF HL2, the only game footage that actually made my pants fall off.

:ROFLMAO:

hehehehehehe

E

Esoteric

Originally posted by Vivishade
imo if you wanna play unreal tourny 2003 you should play unreal tourny first, it is an uber game and very addicive :/
but Counter Strike is the game im playing atm :)

Have unreal tourny atm its alot of fun but looking for something else. Is Unreal Tourny 2003 any good online? Im now stuck between UT2003 and Jedi 2.

Would play planetside but it costs too much extra ontop of daoc and not worth the investment of money simply cause I don't have it. If the rvr patch coming for DAoC is shoddy then I will be off to Planetside, swg may even be out by then too.

What Im really after is a involving mmorpg like DAoC/WoW and something I can just turn on and blast away at like UT2003 but a good single game as well as fun online w/o shit loads of hackers like CS.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Aliens Vs. Predator 2! :D

Totally sweet game and if you play it in the dark you may just wet yourself.

...mebbe.

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Aliens Vs. Predator 2! :D

Totally sweet game and if you play it in the dark you may just wet yourself.

...mebbe.

I loved playing the Predator missions in that game :D but when I fought the aliens as either Pred. or Marine it scared the living daylights out of me :help:.

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by mirieth
I loved playing the Predator missions in that game :D but when I fought the aliens as either Pred. or Marine it scared the living daylights out of me :help:.

Me too :D

Was a class game... online was pretty cool too

E

Esoteric

Didn't it get a bit of a slating tho ?? ie all 3 race games were a bit incomplete/short.

C

ChillyDawg

Originally posted by hercules-df
Can just see Doom3 turning into doom1 with nicer gfx.

And what the fuck, may i ask old bean, is wrong with that? Doom 1 is the MOTHER, nay, GRANDMOTHER of all fps games, it was/is/will still be tomorrow a quality game to play online, all u need is a 14k modem, a gameboy (i know, a but overpowered, but hey, u want that >80fps?) and a mouse for it and wham! soerted. So what the sound sux donkey ball, so what the gfx suxk the other ball and so WHAT the monsters look like they stol eem of a cornflakes packet!!!!!!!!
Same as daoc really....just less ub3r l33t kiddies running around, cos ub3r l33t kiddies dont even know what doom 1 is, u lot prolly think im talking bout some fucking GFX card or something, sigh...i remember playing doom with TWO, count em T-W-O Voodoo cards, now that was fun :D

oh well........

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by Esoteric
Didn't it get a bit of a slating tho ?? ie all 3 race games were a bit incomplete/short.

Yea...they were a bit short but I think the reviewers can feck off and die! This is a totally uber game! The best part is one area where you are running out one of the alien nests, being chased by HUGE amounts of aliens and you have to basically turn around and run backwards whilst trying to shoot them. Damn, I loved that game. :) The marine missions were my favourite. :D

E

Esoteric

AvP 2 got 90% somewhere UT2003 got 91% ;-).

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by old.mattshanes

I would say after seeing the 25 minute promo trailer for half life 2 - THAT is what people are waiting for now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom