Games running like on crack.

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Just put together new computer, facing problems now:

When i first time booted up the computer, it recognized the CPU as 2.4GHz, but Frequency was 1600MHz. I was like "wtf", and checked BIOS. I raised the frequency and managed to get it to 2.2GHz, otherwise it wouldn't boot. Also, RAM shows as CL 2.5, although my Kingston is CL3 (Not sure about all the settings if fixing this manually). I'd update BIOS, but there aren't any update on Asus' website :| Tried setting all to default, same problem.

When i try to play any game, it works like on crack. Everything is 20x faster than it should be. I know it's clock freq related, but can't fix it.

I had forgotten Hyperthreading on but disabling it didn't help :[

Asus P4PE-X Mobo
Intel P4 2.4GHz CPU
512Mb Kingston DDR 400MHz/PC-3200 RAM CL 3-3-3-3
Onboard Audio
Onboard Network
300W PSU currently (Warrantied the real one, didn't wrk)
W2K SP4

I assume that few here could tell me what's wrong, since the whole "speedhack" issue was once problem in DAOC and afaik this is CPU related issue

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Update: (Since edit button has been stolen)

Got it to work @ 2.4GHz, just had to set FSB to 800 and DDR 400. Still same issue though, could this be because of DX9 ?

starr

Fledgling Freddie
I know Windows 2k used to cause speed problems using certain processors when it first came out.

Not so widely used nowadays so perhaps because yours is a later cpu it's slipped the net?

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Well, i got SP4 installed, I'd assume that they would've fixed it. I can of course try to install XP but i'd rather stick with W2K. I hate XP :>

Tribes: Vengeance runs just fine, only problems are DAOC and Tribes1 (Not playing Tribes1, just got it on my computer).

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Tried older revision drivers for the graphic card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom