Gamecube Trailers (zelda / 1080 / starfox / metroid etc)

E

Embattle

Seen them all...believe it was posted in the general forum...all look good though :)

N

Nighty-

What the fuck have they done to Zelda?
Looks like bloody Jet Set Radio

N

Nighty-

I've played Zelda since the NES ... the epic on the SNES and the brilliant Zelda 64 on the n64. (not Majora's Rushed Mask).

Zelda isn't meant to look like a cartoon :( It's meant to look sorta-real! :(

E

Embattle

I like it and think it was a good move using Cel Shading.

H

Hashmonster

it's different, just hope it plays well

K

Kippa.

Isnt there another version of zelda being done? One that isnt cel shaded

O

Ono

Originally posted by Kippa2k2
Isnt there another version of zelda being done? One that isnt cel shaded

IIRC there is an upgraded version of one of the N64 Zeldas coming to GC and also SNES Link coming to GBA.

K

Kippa.

Just as well FF is coming out for the cube and GBA then :p

N

Nighty-

Zelda's been there since my childhood ... always has had that sentimental value to it ... and not to mention non-turn based fighting.

B

bodhi

Originally posted by Kippa2k2
Just as well FF is coming out for the cube and GBA then :p

I doubt the Cube will get any of the premier FF games. Considering Sony part own Square and all.

T

Trem

Originally posted by Nighty
Zelda's been there since my childhood ... always has had that sentimental value to it ... and not to mention non-turn based fighting.
Same here, I can't be doing with random turn based games, I also don't like the look of the GC Zelda, but Metroid looks sexy, that game ruled my life when I got it on the SNES.

S

Sar

Originally posted by Bodhi
Zelda is fucking shite compared to FF :/

Nope it's not. Post-Snes FF games are basically a very linear story & tons of cut scenes bolted onto random encounters & luck based fights.

Zelda games are more of a game, and tell a story while letting the player roam freely throughout the gameworld.

O

Ono

I was a big fan of FF7 but would still admit that Zelda is better.

S

Sar

I liked FF7 myself, but still found it very much as I mentioned above there.

W

wolfeeh

huh?

luck based fights? on what planet? no final fantasy fight has ever been luck based... it's about knowing your enemy, and womping them appropriately... <skill> Final Fantasy X is incidentally the best example of this yet.

zelda on the other hand - and don't get me wrong, i love zelda... is all hack and slash, hit them with sword, bow, whatever... ooh, flip things with shield... etc.

and given the complexity of some FF combat systems, with all the various options such as magic, summoning, limit breaks, etc... how can you possibly call FF luck based?

anyway, rant over.

Celda = gorgeous... very herdy gerdy. which is NOT A BAD THING.

doubtless many of you would be happy if it still looked isometric sprite based, ala SNES....

C

Custy

I like FF for it's constant action, gorgeous cutscenes and good gfx and effects etc but it is more like a movie than a game. Bit like MGS2 tbh.

Zelda is also good.

Users who are viewing this thread