Gamecube favourites

echo

Fledgling Freddie
Now, I still love my PS2, but..
Having noticed that Dixons have knocked the price of the Gamecube&Games down, and that I get 10% staff discount anyway I impulse-bought a Cube, 2 controllers, 2 memory cards, Zelda somethingorother, Resi Evil, Pikmin and Eternal Darkness.

Came to about £100, sorted.

... but what other games should I keep an eye out for? I'm not bothered that GC owners have moaned of a lack of a decent amount of games, I'm sure if I pick from the backcatalogue of games I'll find some gems, but what should I keep an eye out for?

Any suggestions?

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Soul Calibur is a quality Beat em up if you like that sort of thing.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
pcg79 said:
that new metal gear solid? any good?

I would have to answer "no" to that one unfortunately, due to the fact that although the game has been beefed up in repsect of the new GFX engine of it, apparently there is fuck all new things in it, sure maybe a few tweaks here and there but its practically no different from the first one.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Well the MGS series has never really been up to much. You gotta get the Rogue Squadron games.

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
dont get the rogue squadren games there crap. get super monkey ball 2 and time spliters ( its way harder on the game cube for some reason)

ArrrImmaPir8!

Fledgling Freddie
Super Smash Brothers Melee if you have friends, it's the best beat em up on any system.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Sar said:
SF2 is still the daddeh imo.

I got The Anniversary edition on PS2 yesterday. Unfortunately I left my ASCII fighting pad in storage. PS2 pads suck for Dragon Punches :(

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Wish they bring out more 3d plat form games on the gamecube.

I loved the n64 Mario 64,Banjo & Kazooie,Donkey Kong 64 and that one were you was a computer chip and could enter the animals hehe.

They have tons of replay value because of the many thing you have to do,collect ect ect :p

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
If yer going for rpg's, then FF: Crystal Chronicles is fun but not good enuff to buy @ full price but if ya can get some friends and play the 4 player way it's great fun!
furthermore if yer lucky and can get hold of the rpg game Skies Of Arcadia Legends do so, it's a port from the Dreamcast version but the gameplay is sublime.
Also Gladius is a nice game, abit of a turn-based RPG in the gladitorial setting ( takes a truckload of memblocks tho, 40 to be precise)

Both Skies Of Arcadia and Gladius should be arround bargain-bin price, but FF: Crystal Chronicles is still abit overpriced for what it has to offer.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Deacan said:
Wish they bring out more 3d plat form games on the gamecube.

I loved the n64 Mario 64,Banjo & Kazooie,Donkey Kong 64 and that one were you was a computer chip and could enter the animals hehe.

They have tons of replay value because of the many thing you have to do,collect ect ect :p

Silicon Valley i think you was looking for :)

also, dont own a GC, but id still say, ive played the Soul Calibur2 on it, and its pretty damn good, but i have it on my xbox aswell so its a awsome game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom